• IT | EN

Agriturismo l'Unicorno

Three Valtènesi vineyards are a charming historical residence
Site Search
Site Search
Advanced Search
No products found 0 results
Your search results

Get in touch with the Historic House

Unicorno farmhouse in Bedizzole

The Unicorno Farm House it stands among the vineyards and the fruit trees and olive trees of the Valténesi. In the middle of three hectares of lush crops. Built in 1654 is the oldest house in the hamlet of Macesìna, the small agricultural village in the Municipality of Bedizzole in the Province of Brescia, in Western Lombardy just a few minutes from Lake Garda.
The Unicorno Farm House it is located inside an ancient one Agricultural Residence dating back to the sixteenth century.

At the first nucleus built during the 1500 a green court was added to the Lombard.
Completed in the 1777 by the bright gallery supported by a colonnade in candid local Botticino marble, completed by the 1779 mansard.
The house combines the charm of an exclusive atmosphere of the past with the most up-to-date biocompatible restoration techniques and the use of the most modern renewable energy technologies.
The thermoregulation is entrusted to the use of heat pumps powered by a photovoltaic system and integrated by a solar thermal system in order to minimize CO2 emissions.

This is the philosophy that has inspired the hosts of the C. & G. Becchetti Binkert family to offer you: immersed in the green in a healthy atmosphere the chance to enjoy a regenerating holiday in total relaxation.

History

When the morning of 18 February 1512 Gaston de Foix nephew of the King of France Louis XII in command of 6.000 between Gascons and lanzichenecchi put the city of Brescia on fire and fire, this house in the small town of Macesina already existed. Outpost of the castle of Drugolo that resisted the French siege under the command of the noble Averoldi. The inscription on the serene stone architrave of the remains of a Venetian sentry box is confirmed by the restoration of the walls of the old brolo.

In the following period it was reconverted to the agricultural use with the construction of the stables and the barn until the turret of the pigeon with the attic used as a deposit of the grains. The architecture is influenced by the influence of the Spanish domination of that time where the house of Bourbon of Spain dominated the nearby duchy of Milan. Especially in the part of the internal courtyard and the portico with the large entrance door that bears on the keystone in Botticino marble the date of 1654 with the usual loopholes for sighting and defense in an era that saw the streets and the countryside pullulate with Bravi and Briganti.
At the entrance where in more recent times the old tavern "Al Vino Cattivo" will rise, witness of the passage of Cardinal Borromeo, a mural Santella di Manzoniana memoria

In the 1777 was built the wide and luminous gallery to the Lombard access to the rooms and the large breeding room of silkworms, supported by a mighty marble colonnade of Mazzano. The date is certain from a manuscript found during restoration work in a recess of the support of the attic. Written by a scribe of the time Dany Zeo on behalf of the client a certain Cominelli, who was the carpenter and who made the assemblies of the lodge, it is a plea that we have reconstructed in the text with faded ink.

In the 1779 the building was completed by the overhang of the attic and the date is derived from the nonogram that the master builder left imprinted in the fresh mortar of a corridor wall.

From the same period are the valuable frescoes found under a layer of plaster in one of the bedrooms for the couple of owners of the time. It shows a game of cupids and a wish for fertility with images of a Venus. The walls are decorated with a fine "trompe l'oeil", reproducing the nearby Palazzo di Arzaga, with the church of the Selva dei Morti, the Castle of Drugolo and then that of Padenghe, the fortress of Manerba, Sirmione and the parish church of SantEmiliano .

You can read traces of the Venetian domination of the Lion of St. Mark that overlooks one of the entrance doors from the brolo to the loggia.

At the beginning of the nineteenth century the property was owned by the Countess Virginia Cogollo di Francesco of Veronesi origin who renewed the frescoes in the neoclassical style dining room.

Subsequently the palace of Macesina passes in the propriety of an Officer Unghere of the Imperial Cavalry certainly De Vitalitze. After the 1859 with the bloody battle of Solferino and S. Martino where the Franco-Piedmontese troops defeat the Austrungaric troops, which fold out of the Lombard territory, the house remains in the ownership of the family of that officer who Italianizes the name in De Vitalis and the he lives until the middle of the last century with the last heir Miss Emilia and the last heir without direct descendants.
During those years the house suffered a progressive degradation and abandonment until the end of the last century when Cav. Luigi Becchetti, a Lumezzanese entrepreneur, who has now taken over Bedizzole from 1964 with La Industria Metalli, nor does he take over the property. It is in the 2007 that the son Dr. Corrado with his wife Grigionese Gabriella Binkert Becchetti neither begins an accurate conservative restoration lasted beyond 5 years bringing the house back to its original splendor.

The services of the Unicorno Farmhouse: among the Valtènesi vineyards, a charming historical residence

Our home offers accommodation:
- in n. 10 rooms large, all furnished with antique furniture and settings that recall themes that are dear to the historical and cultural tradition of the Brescia area.
- A rich buffet awaits our guests for breakfast with local products produced in our area farm.
- In "Chiocciola" restaurant you can taste the culinary specialties of the Brescia area prepared with fresh products produced on our farm and taste the wines of the Garda Classico Doc and of the Vàltenesi produced by us.
- Our Dimora is surrounded by a 3.00 hectare park where you can find pleasant corners for your relaxation: The small pond of the Sirens or the corner of the Baccus Ebro.
- A large swimming pool with salt water and two water-massage sessions are accessible with a large solarium equipped with parasols and large luxus loungers.
- At our guests' disposal we offer a wide range of bicycles free of charge for pleasant excursions in the surrounding countryside and on the shores of Lake Garda
- For Golf lovers only 5 minutes by road a wonderful 18 field among the most beautiful holes in the region.

Swimming pool
Internet
Pets allowed
Park or garden
Disabled accessibility
Price: € 225 / day
Bedrooms: 11
Beds: 30
Events Salons: 3
Places For Events: 45
Set In Outdoors: Si
Set In Interior: Si
Set In Garden: Si
Vehicles accessibility for Events: Si
Address: Via Quarena, 17
City:
Region:
Postal Code: 25081
Country: Italy

Get in touch with the Historic House

Compare Listings