• IT | EN

Borgo Storico Seghetti Panichi

History and culture between past, present and future
Site Search
Site Search
Advanced Search
No products found 0 results
Your search results

Get in touch with the Historic House

Borgo Storico Seghetti Panichi

A place of history, art, beauty and tradition lived for eight generations. Until now preserved with the aim of passing on and sharing love and respect, not only for this reality but also for the whole territory.

Once a medieval fortress, today the Borgo Storico Seghetti Panichi is an ancient residence that welcomes guests and travelers, thanks to its suites and apartments, cared for down to the smallest detail. It is in fact an exclusive residence for events and ceremonies with an unforgettable atmosphere, above all thanks to the charm of the Bioenergetic Historical Park that surrounds the entire Residence.

Everything that follows was clearly written in the 1790 by the well-known Painter and Architect Perugino Baldassare Orsini in his famous work "Description of the Paintings Sculptures Architecture and other rare things of the Insigne of Ascoli in the Marca".
"The main requisite, which architecture writers require to build in a villa, is the choice of healthy air; add to it the hill with the amenity of the views for the pleasure of sight. This villa which is far from the city of Ascoli intonro seven miles, coming out of Porta Maggiore, is well supplied with all the ansi called prerogatives, enjoying a lot of country around the Tronto valley with the vague perspective of its hills, from which one sees the Mountain of Flowers springing up, and the Gran Sasso of Italy is also farther away and is dominated in the East on whose horizon a stretch of Adriatic sea is discovered.
The palace sits on the top of a hill that faces south and east and has the shape of a reverse "T". A majestic gallery on each of the three floors divides it by the middle, with the gates from both ends on the ground floor and is set in the basement to a vast cave with fifteenth-century arches.
The elevation of the bell tower with its clock, which is in front of the Palace, with the little church makes one of the extras grateful to the eye when one looks at it from near or from afar. The tower is joined to the palace by an underground walkway.
In this place there are pleasant hills, filled with fruit trees of oaks, vines and olive trees. In the corner of the Orient, near the Palace, you can admire the bird of green leafy, tall branches where a small Roccolo is placed with beautiful little rooms where several people can be comfortably seated to hunt or rest. "

History

The existence of the Castle on the Lama is already mentioned in the 1311 in the "Historiae Asculanae" by Sebastiano Andrea Antonelli. This was an important and strategic aerial between the northern territories and the powerful Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, which the Tronto river divided into a natural limit.

The complex of the Historic Village includes a Dimora that in the medieval phase (1300 - 1400) was in the central body a cluster of small houses that unitarily constituted a defensive fortress. In the 1500 three imposing passing tunnels, north - south, unify these small constructions by incorporating them and forming a unitary Castle.

In the same period the Gentile Oratory dedicated to San Pancrazio (1580 - 1625) was built in front of the Castle. The Chapel is testimony of many memories of the Piceno territory, in fact the central altar is a white travertine artifact, a typical stone from Ascoli. On both sides you can admire two beautiful frescoes of half of the 1600, on the left Sant'Emidio, Patron of Ascoli Piceno and protector for earthquakes, on the right San Serafino da Montegranaro, protector of the Family. The surrounding walls are totally frescoed by an 18th century cycle that represents the Theological Virtues. The interesting monochromes are the work of the workshop of the famous Ascoli painter Biagio Miniera.

At the end of the 1600, a façade-shaped body is added to the defensive castle, in the form of an upside-down "T", which transforms the building into a country building for private use. This addition makes the interior of the building habitable, which today has an imposing representation floor and two other floors where today the seven suites of great value are located, where once the summer family life took place.

Going down the hill, below the noble Oratory, we find the ancient stables of 1600, today a place destined for cultural events and activities. Adjacent another beautiful 1800 structure houses the Residence, once a rural farmhouse, where today there are five apartments and a charming restaurant, with a view of the swimming pool surrounded by a Mediterranean garden.

All this great complex is framed by five hectares of green that from the 1876 to the 1890 was designed and designed by the great German landscape architect Ludwig Winter. In fact, unified in the 1860 Italy, the noble family Carfratelli Seghetti decided to refine all these historical monuments with a romantic garden typical of the late nineteenth century. At the center of the climax a sinuous pond where on a small island full of roses, the statues of Venus and Love dominate, in the background, a beautiful example of nineteenth-century rock that once again proposes the Monte della Sibilla with its magic source. The historical garden has been studied by the 2000 at the 2003 by Professor Kunnen and his pupil the Eco designer Marco Nieri of Bologna, who defined the bioenergy areas making it the first Bioenergetic Historical Park in Europe.

All the great historical, architectural and landscape complex is bound and protected by the Superintendency of Fine Arts of the Italian State and is still owned by the same family for many generations now. Today they are the direct owners and curators of Ben Gladstone and Stefania Gladstone Pignatelli.

Services

Inside the Borgo Storico complex guests can take advantage of the most varied services: accommodation, private events such as weddings, anniversaries, birthday parties and family reunions. Business meetings, meetings, team building, exhibitions and cultural events dedicated to wellness, food and wine and health food.

What we offer

Individual hospitality: stays in Historic Residence or in the Residence with breakfast service and lunches and dinners on request.
Hospitality for groups: family reunions, destination weddings and events, with exclusive use for private stays within the whole complex or individual buildings, with different personalized welcome formulas.
Events: weddings, birthdays, family reunions, meetings. Various options are available for the use and rental of the Residence and the Historical Park.

Destination Events: all the ambaradam for your weekend of events that include activities throughout the surrounding area. We help you find the best and most interesting things to do with your family, friends, colleagues or customers.

Location: cultural events, photo shoots, TV and film shoots

Restaurant: Open all year round for weddings, communions, confirmations, birthdays and anniversaries. It offers for the whole Borgo breakfast and the organizational support of Food & Beverage for every need.

Swimming pool: immersed in the Mediterranean garden of the Residence, near the apartments and the restaurant is a place of tranquility and relaxation, confirmation of all European safety rules.

Wellness room: small and cozy with sauna area and massage room. Treatments on request.
Bioenergetic areas: specially designed in the 2003 by the Eco Designer Marco Nieri to give moments of complete psychophysical wellbeing.

Available to all guests: WiFi throughout the Borgo.

Available to all guests in the Suites and apartments: WiFi, TV, minibar, air conditioning, hair dryer, shoe cleaner, laundry and butler service, personal shopper and stylist on request. Jacuzzi in some suites.

What to see nearby

At 8 km the beautiful city of Ascoli Piceno, full of monuments, museums, squares dating from the Middle Ages to 800. Entirely built in the stone of the Sibillini, travertine, is called the "white city".

At 5 kilometers the delicious fortress city of Offida. All built in Marche pink brick with the small eighteenth-century Serpente Aureo Theater and the beautiful church on two floors Santa Maria La Rocca.

At half an hour by car the wonderful discovery of the Monti Sibillini that enclose Mount Vettore and Lake Pilato.

Not far from the village, at 10 km, the beautiful ones golden beaches of the Adriatic sea they offer a series of small fishing villages like San Benedetto del Tronto, Grottammare and Cupramarittima where you can spend the whole day in lovely chalets offering excellent fish dishes.

A little further away, the city ​​of Fermo, is particularly interesting for the only ones Roman cisterns and the splendid Library of Queen Christina of Sweden.

Going north, for day trips you can also visit Macerata with the lyric season of the Sferisterio, the stupendous one Basilica of Loreto, full of Renaissance and masterpieces Recanati, the birthplace of the famous poet Giacomo Leopardi.

If travelers wanted to extend their findings confined just to Castel di Lama, is the Abruzzo Region that with its different naturalistic conformation offers a splendid Natural Park a few kilometers away.

Swimming pool
Wellness spa
Internet
Pets allowed
Park or garden
Disabled accessibility
Price: € 250 per day
Bedrooms: 27
Beds: 46
Events Salons: 4
Places For Events: 400
Set In Outdoors: Si
Set In Interior: Si
Set In Garden: Si
Vehicles accessibility for Events: Si
Phone: +39 0736 812552
Address: Via San Pancrazio, 1
Region:
Country: Italy
Phone: +39 0736 812552

Get in touch with the Historic House

Compare Listings