Casa de Carvalho in San Giovanni al Natisone
Le 3 holiday homes, belonging to the historical house I'm there "Bell tower house"(XV century), Twentyfour sq.m.. and 5 beds; The "Casa del Focolare" (XVI century), Twentyfour sq.m. e 8 beds; the "Casa degli Archi"(XVII) century), Twentyfour sq.m.. and 3 o 4 beds. They are located in a happy position between Eastern Hills, Collio and the Friuli plain, with a wide view of the Julian Alps and the Karst. Only 14 km away from Gorizia, 20 km from Udine, 50 km. from Trieste, 28 km from the seaside resort of Duino (TS) and 40 km from that of Grado (GO). The houses are of great taste, furnished with antique furniture and elegant solutions, ample space and adequate comfort. In the vast park, for the exclusive use of guests, is the pool (m 13 X m 6), with sun beds, umbrellas, deck chairs and complete garden equipment. Each house has autonomous entry and parking in the courtyard in front of it. Free bicycles are available to guests for excursions to the surrounding countryside of our beautiful Region.
Each house is supplied with bed linen, towels and kitchen linen (changed weekly). The kitchens of each house are equipped with dishes, dishes, dishwasher, stove, oven, microwave, toaster, water heater, fridge and freezer. Also in every house there are washing machine, ironing board and vacuum cleaner and material for daily cleaning. On request, you can have a cot, high chair and other material for children. The pets are welcome (for a small fee) and each house is equipped for these little friends.
The holiday homes are available only for rent (we do not offer breakfast or meals) but in the immediate vicinity there are bars, restaurants, pizzerias and typical places where you can taste regional food and wine products.
On request, and with direct payment, you can have a Personal Trainer service on site.
The Marquis Carlo and his collaborators will be available at any time to make your holiday unforgettable and relaxing. if you are looking for serenity, elegance and comfort, combined with the simplicity of the surrounding nature, you have found the ideal place.
The "de Carvalho de Puppi" holiday homes are 3 rustic Friulian nobles, from the beginning 1500, of the assets of the Family de Puppi. The buildings, of particular architectural interest, are accessed from a typical Friulian courtyard enriched with a centuries-old mulberry tree and other essences. On the back of the large park behind, the central avenue winds from the "2 stones". On a particular area of the property, the 26 July 1267, the Count of Gorizia chained the Patriarch of Aquileia. Therefore the fund was desecrated and excluded from the payment of the "quartese", a tribute due in the past to the parish of Villanova.
In the owner's name Marquis Charles de Carvalho de Moares de Puppi Beria of Salt and Argentina, the traditions of 3 families come together: the Portuguese paternal, the Friulian maternal and a third Piedmontese.
The father, Marchese Rodolfo de Carvalho de Moares, was Cavalry Officer and captain of the polo military team (awarded by a young Princess Elizabeth of England, now Queen Elizabeth II). The mother, Countess Agnese de Puppi, belonged to an ancient historical Friulian family, of Tuscan origin. The third surname, Beria di Sale and d'Argentina, was acquired by adoption by Elena, the last descendant of the main branch of the Beria di Sale and of Argentina, Piedmontese accounts.
In 1972 Carlo, a lover of the countryside and his own Friulian tradition, returned to Villanova del Judrio and began the restoration of the old houses.
Today it has restored with elegance, but keeping the memories of an important past, as well as the Holiday Homes "de Carvalho de Puppi", also Villa Beria in Manzano (UD), which is only 5 km from Villanova and is rented for guided tours, cultural events and private events.
Services: a charming place in the Friuli countryside
- Outdoor outdoor seasonal pool (m 13 X m 6)
- Free Wireless Internet connection (also in the park)
- Pets allowed with bowl and cot (extra charge of € 10 / day)
- Bicycles available exclusively for free and for guests
- Complete kitchen in all the houses (fridge, freezer, oven, microwave oven, dishwasher etc.)
- Typical decor with original period furniture
- Fireplace in all homes
- Complete bathrooms (also with hairdryer)
- Washing machine, iron and ironing board, drying rack, vacuum cleaner, daily cleaning equipment)
- Credit cards accepted: Visa, Electron / Mastercard, Bancomat, Maestro, Vpay. Credit card required, as a guarantee, at the time of booking with the owner's name and expiry date. Booking changes are accepted free of charge up to 15 days before arrival. otherwise, guests will be held back from the credit card 100% of the amount of the first night. If the guest does not show up on the day of arrival, the 100% of the total cost of the reservation will be retained from the credit card.
- The payment of the stay will be requested on the day of arrival, with payment in cash or credit card.
- Languages spoken: Italian, English, Slovenian
- Upon request and payment we can offer the following services: Personal Trainer on site, tasting of DOC wines "de Puppi" and possible visits to the production cellar.