Castle of Celsa in Sovicille
The complex of the Castle of Celsa, stands among the boschi was originally the Montagnola Senese, About 11 km from Siena and 50 Km from Firenze: built at the beginning of the 1200, it was then enlarged and embellished in the 1500 for the Celsi family, by Baldassare Peruzzi who also designed the beautiful chapel. Passed in the 1600 to the Sienese family De Vecchi, by way of a woman it was then received by the current owner Livia Aldobrandini Pediconi.
The complex consists of Castle, not visitable, of the Limonaia used as farmhouse, the Italian garden and of park, can be visited by appointment as well as by Barn recently renovated, which is ideal for conferences or weddings.
The limonaia, the subject of a skilful restoration can accommodate up to 10persone, has its own private garden where is the pool overflow and a pergola for meals; the towers of Siena rise on the horizon.
The Granary, recently renovated, with two rooms one of 65mq and the other of 120 square meters and a loggia of 130mq with a capacity to accommodate 150 / 180 people; it is also equipped with a projector for conferences and a modern kitchen, as well as a toilet for staff, guests and the disabled.
The place has a magic, it seems to be far from everything, surrounded by greenery and silence, you can spend time swimming in pool, playing at tennis in the private field or reading sitting on one of the benches scattered in the park.
Il golf course di bagnaia it is only a few kilometers away, as are places of great historical and artistic interest. There is also the possibility of beautiful walks and a number of small, delicious restaurants in the surroundings.
History of the Castle of Celsa
Il Castle of Celsa it belongs to the family of the current owner for about four centuries. From the 1612 ownership has often been transmitted by the family through femininity de Vecchi, noble Sienese family, to the Florentine family of the Antinori, to Aldobrandini, Romans; the current owner is Livia Aldobrandini Pediconi.
The Castello di Celsa rises along the secondary road of the Via Francigena that Colle Val d'Elsa leads to Siena and dominates the panorama that stretches from Siena until Monte Amiata.
The original nucleus dates back to the Thirteenth century, but it was in the sixteenth century that the Sienese family of the Celsi wanted to renovate and beautify the castle by the architect Baldassarre Peruzzi, whose intervention is witness to the splendid circular chapel and the terracing wall decorated with niches parallel to the avenue of access.
After being devastated by the imperial troops in the mid-sixteenth century, in the 1612 passed to the Sienese family of de Vecchi.
At the end of the nineteenth century Maria Antinori Aldobrandini, daughter of Giulia De Vecchi and grandmother of the current owner, commissioned theArchitect Mariani to make a further transformation of the castle, raising the east tower and crowning it with merlons, to bring the building to its current form.
Services: an unprecedented point of view on the Tuscan countryside
Hospitality for 3 nights linked to an event: 4500 €
Wedding organization: according to the number of participants and duration
Organization of company events and other events: according to the number of participants and duration
La Limonaia (rented per week), for a minimum of 3 nights if linked to an event. Prices do not change seasonally.
Private visits: 10,00 € per person (€ 15,00 with guide in Italian, German, English, if required)by appointment, for groups of minimum 4 people
Places of interest nearby
Siena (11 km), Monteriggione (18 km), Saint Gimignano (32 km), Abbey of San Galgano (38 km), Volterra (47 km), Florence (50 km), Pienza (73 km), Castle of Belcaro and Cloister of Torri (15 minutes).