Castle of Gargonza
The Castle of Gargonza is located in Tuscany at 11 km from the Monte San Savino exit on the A1 between Arezzo and Siena. The village consists of apartments and rooms, both classic and superior and offers a Bed & Breakfast or self-catering treatment. The capacity of the village is of 100 beds in 47 rooms.
It is possible to use the restaurant located outside the walls of the village, open both for lunch and dinner and eat à la carte or take advantage of half board or full board. The restaurant is also open to outsiders visiting the village. The swimming pool overlooking the Val di Chiana is available to guests.
The village is entirely open to visitors in its external parts. For groups and guided tours it is always better to book in combination with a light lunch at our restaurant.
Gargonza is ideal for those who want to visit the cities of art Siena and Arezzo that are at 35 and 28 km or the historic villages of Lucignano, Monte San Savino and Civitella which are a few kilometers from Gargonza. Cortona and Montepulciano are located at 45 km from Gargonza.
And 'possible organize corporate events and meetings taking advantage of the Frantoio conference room or other adjoining rooms. Gargonza is ideal for corporate team building thanks to 500 hectares of forest and a lake that is 5 km from the village.
In Gargonza you can take walks on MTB or on foot using our marked trails or on horseback in collaboration with a nearby riding school.
Borgo Castellano di Gargonza dates back to the 13th century. In the 1304 Dante Alighieri, he arrived in Gargonza, a fortified castle along the road between Arezzo and Siena. Owned by Ubertini, in 1285 Gargonza was conquered by Aretini and then sold to the Sienese for 4000 fiorini, it finally passed into the hands of the Florentines in 1307. In the fifteenth century Gargonza is a community that exploits the woods and produces wool, according to a statute dated 1440. From the Signoria of Florence it passed into the 1546 to the Marquesses Lotteringhi della Stufa and then in the 1696 to the Marquises Courses predecessors of the current owners. In the eighteenth century an organized farm was born which has as its center the village with the fourteenth-century tower. After the rural exodus that took place during the 30 years, Count Roberto Guicciardini Corsi Salviati began the work of recovery and transformation of the village with the desire not to see it die. It was a recovery that privileged the preservation of the structures leaving intact the added value of genuineness kept in the houses of Garognza.
Hospitality, catering and events at the Castle
The Castle of Gargonza offers rooms and apartments located internally and externally to the village. We offer the buffet breakfast service served in the "below" Frantoio Hall.
La Torre di Gargonza Restaurant, always managed by the same property, open for lunch and dinner. Our guests can therefore take advantage of an offer à la carte or half-board. During the summer season there is a bar for light lunch arranged at the Pergola in the pool area. The season is also open during the season La Bottega di Gargonza wine bar and we organize wine and cheese tastings.
As for our offer for events, there is one in the village congress hall for 140 seats in the stalls, in addition to 4, the seats vary in size from 10 to 30 seats.
A living room with a common fireplace for all guests is located inside the Sala del Frantoio.
As for our offer for events we have several spaces with 2 gardens within the village and two large green areas in the pool area as well as a wooded estate 500 hectares with trails reported for walks, in MTB or horse. The parish of SS. Is present in the village. Tiburzio and Susanna in Gargonza for religious ceremonies. Alternatively, for symbolic ceremonies, you can take advantage of one of our gardens.
Outside the walls there is a swimming pool only for guests staying at the Castle.