Marchesale Castle of Auletta
The Marchesale Castle of Auletta is one of the oldest family residences in the province of Salerno, inhabited over the centuries by several noble families and now owned by the Maioli Castriota Scanderbech.
The structure has medieval origins and assumed its current architectural structure only in 1240, when the Castle became part of the fortified defensive system of the Duchy of Salerno.
The Castle was inhabited until the second half of the twentieth century and today is a suggestive and ideal location for organizing events such as weddings, business meetings and other private receptions.
Located near the Cilento coast, this beautiful home is finally surrounded by numerous points of historical and landscape interest such as the Caves of Pertosa, the Certosa di Padula and the Cilento National Park.
The Marchesale Castle of Auletta, owned by the Maioli family Castriota Scanderbech, has medieval origins when the village, located in the highest part of the historic center of the city, became part of the defensive fortified system of the Duchy of Salerno.
Over the centuries the structure of the castle was the subject of some changes and assumed the current architectural structure after the 1240 following the inspection carried out by the Duke of Calabria, accompanied by the Florentine Antonio Marchesi, expert in fortifications. Thanks to its fortified structure, as well as its strategic position, in the 1535 the Castle opposed a valid resistance to the assaults of