The Castle of Pavarolo
Il castle, surrounded by a park, stands on the edge of the hill Turin, in a dominant position on the town of Pavarolo and the surrounding territory offering a superb view on the Alps and onApennines Liguria.
La typology its local allows solutions Custom in areas suitable for dimensions and ambienti to every kind of event (parties, lunches tight, conferences, exhibitions, concerts, etc.).
The ground floor, devoid of architectural barriersOffers suggestive and romantic images from large bring them places on the facades.
decorations walls of the 1884, in style neo-Gothic Anglo-Saxon, decorate some local ground floor and first floor.
formal of the first half of 1300 with subjects mythological and figures, alternating with a rich man armorial coevo, decorate coffered ceilings on the second floor: they are among the most ancient and better preserved of the Piedmont. A ladder placed in the tower and a modern elevator connect the floors.
Un decree of the year 1047, signed byEmperor Arrigo III, confirms the possession of the castle by Canonici di Torino, sayings of the Savior, enfeoffed by the bishop of the same city.
Today only big round river stones, constituting the basis of the south-west corner and perhaps residual of an even more antico castelliere, remember these eras.
A later document by the 1235 mentions the alliance of the City of Chieri with the Baron of Pavarolo.
In 1264 Goffredo di Montanaro, Bishop of Turin, delivers the castle to children and to a nephew of the Chierese citizen Signorino Balbo. In this Age substantial work of transformation is begun, among which the beauty excellences coffered ceilings in detail paintings on the first floor.
In 1354 il Chierese territory, and with it Pavarolo, passes under the jurisdiction of Amadeus VI of Savoy.
There are several owners who succeed each other until 1394, when the Casalese militias Facino Cane - in the pay of the Duca del Monferrato Intended to contain the expansionist aims of the Savoy - devastate the territory and occupy the castle installing your own garrison.
In 1399, the Chieresi regained the castle, with a siege in which 17 of the Monferrato 20 defenders were wounded; the feud he was then assigned to Antonio Simeone Balbis.
In the two centuries following the property it is divided between numerous owners, in some cases owners of minimum percentages.
The consequent need to meet the multiple needs, in addition to Tracks still visible from a fire, they were perhaps the origin of the radical renovation carried out in those years. The cubage and, while keeping the overall height of the building unchanged castlecapacity increased accommodation inserting a new one plan between the ground floor and the first floor.
This was implemented by demolishing the insole of the floor between the two floors and sharing the new space thus obtained on three Piani equipped with a greater number of local.
new plans however, they impounded the collision of the preexisting precious ones Gothic windows and the opening of new windows adapted to new floors and upgrades local of the castle.
In the first decades of 1700 figure as exclusive owner of the Countess Anna Maria of Piossasco, widow of the Count Giuseppe Antonio Simeone Balbis. It realized on the second floor a Oratory private, still present today, in which the Holy Mass was celebrated daily.
In 1736 il castle of Pavarolo, together with that of Montaldo, passed into property ad Alessandro Ferrero dOrmea. He was, presumably, the architect of a new wing for the stable and an overlying forage deposit.
A print of the castle, produced by the Gonin in 1850, indicates as owner a Contessa Gloria. This left the castle to the eldest son who, in the 1867, he sold it to Donato De BenedettIi.
His son, Ezekiel, in 1881 he resold it to Edoardo Pansoja di Borio which, in turn, in 1884 he gave it to Malvina Ganeri, daughter of the English Consul a Turin. She undertook substantial work of readjustment functional of the interior, of ceiling and of decoration of the walls in Anglo-Saxon neo-gothic style.
In 1920 she sold the castle to four entrepreneurs (bollard, Bertrand, Piovano e Vineyard) that, in 1924 they sold it back to the Casalese Francesco Zavattaro Ardizzi but, due to his untimely death, the act of purchase was signed by the widow Giuseppina Cigala Fulgosi.
Since then, the castle belongs to Zavattaro Ardizzi that, after further substantial work of consolidation and of conservative restoration, they permanently inhabit it.
Services: events locations and charming weddings in Turin
Characteristics of the local:
The ground floor is devoid of architectural barriers and consists of:
a room of about 53 square meters with times shaped brick, lime plaster on the walls, brick floor antico;
a room of about 80 square meters with barrel vault brick ending at the floor of terracotta floor;
a room of about 42 square meters with coffered ceiling and walls decorated in neo-gothic style, floor in terrazzo fine black and white800; it was ancient input main with ladder internal access to the first floor;
the well roomVery suggestive and with vault in brick.
All the local they have their own doorway overlooking the park and are connected to each other by large internal doors. Two separate flights of stairs and one modern elevator add up to the upper floors.
I local on the second floor are accessible from the outside with a double ramp of stairs and, from inside with two stairs and the elevator:
a local of 52 mq, Has terracotta floor and entirely decorated with heraldic friezes flamed into neo-gothic style;
a local of 53 mq, has wooden ceiling (exposed trusses) and fine red hexagonal tile floor800 2015. windows with lunettes and a small balcony;
a local of 20 mq ha beamed ceiling, floor in cooked red of the '600, with 2 rectangular windows and caminetto;
other local 4s, of which 1 with caminetto, total area of 90 square meters, connected by arches. They are decorated in neo-gothic style and they have wooden ceilings coffered with floors in cooked red of the '600,
a local of 42 mq with wooden ceiling with exposed beams and floor in ancient axes.
The second floor is characterized by the already mentioned valuable coffered ceilings by the '300, from a small one chapel consecrated and two elegant suites.
At the last pano there is a Flat with kitchenTwo bath e 7 rooms, one of which in the above tower.
Il park it has a structure typically nineteenth with belvedere, gravel and flower beds. The panorama space it to 360 degrees, letting you see:
To the north, the Bardassano castle and, in the background, the Alps with the group of the Monte Rosa;
To the east, the castle of Montaldo and the inhabited areas of Cinzano e marentino as well as the hills towards Asti;
To the south, the plain that extends from the Chierese to theIonian Apennines and to Maritime Alps;
To the west, the hills ofHermitage and of the Magdalene and, in the background, the Viso and Alps. Ornamental plants and tall trees surround the slopes in slope towards the country.
The country of Pavarolo is from Turin about 15 km and can be reached via Superga, via Chieri e via Castiglione torinese.
Access to the property and from via Maestra n. 8, the main street of the village. From the gate you access the castle along a tree-lined avenue to "S".