• IT | EN

Palazzo Adami Lami

Charming events in the center of Florence
Site Search
Site Search
Advanced Search
No products found 0 results
Your search results

Get in touch with the Historic House

The Adami Lami palace in Florence

The building, whose main entrance was by the famous "Fondacci" di Santo Spirito, overlooking the Lungarno with a particularly articulated front, four floors that, starting from the side that then determines the corner with street de 'Geppi, presents a two-axis body followed by a slightly backward central body, with three axes, with large windows on the main floor that look to a balcony with iron railings, and on which a single-storey body adheres to the right access to the building and a large terrace.

While on the whole the facade shows characters that seem to indicate a reconfiguration datable to the eighteenth century, this last portion has fully nineteenth-century features, with elements recovered from the fifteenth-century architectural repertoire. On the main floor of the central body of the building is a shield with the arms of the Adami family (of blue, with three golden clubs, placed in a pile side by side).

On the corner with via de 'Geppi is a tabernacle with an eighteenth-century shrine, enclosing a valuable painting depicting the Madonna with the Child. The palace was the residence of General Jacopo Adami, commander of the Fortezza da Basso, Adami senators, knights of the Order of Saint Stephen: Antonfilippo, Commissioner of Pontremoli and important Italian polygraph member of prominent academies such as La Colombaria, Georgofili, Arcadia, Apatisti and the Etruscan (Antonfilippo left in Palazzo the only example of a Florentine gallery dedicated to ancient Egypt with frescoes inspired by the rediscovery of Antiquity, science resurrected in the eighteenth century by intellectuals, philosophers and scientists), and Alessandro, director of the finances of Livorno and later administrator of reference for the Hapsburg-Lorraine and Eng. Guido Adami Lami (1869-1911), pilot and pioneer of the Italian automobile industry and founder in the 1899 of the automaker La Rondine.

In this building then, in the 1759, English Charles Hadfield (father of the English painter and educator Maria Cosway that in this house was born), had opened a pension that, at least until the eighties of the eighteenth century, was particularly renowned and frequented by foreign travelers (among its guests we remember the historian Edward gibbon, here in the 1764). In the mid-nineteenth century, on the front facing the Lungarno Guicciardini a reformed Evangelical church with three naves was erected with a monumental entrance staircase, which housed the whole foreign establishment, both resident and visiting Florence.

The history of the Adami Lami palace

The building, whose main entrance was from the famous "fondacci" of Holy Spirit, on the Lungarno with a particularly articulated front, on four floors, starting from the side that then determines the corner with street de 'Geppi, presents a two-axis body followed by a slightly backward central body, with three axes, with large windows on the main floor that look to a balcony with iron railings, and on which a single-storey body adheres to the right access to the building and a large terrace.

While on the whole the facade shows characters that seem to indicate a reconfiguration datable to the eighteenth century, this last portion has fully nineteenth-century features, with elements recovered from the fifteenth-century architectural repertoire. On the main floor of the central body of the building is a shield with the arms of the Adami family (of blue, with three golden clubs, placed in a pile side by side).

On the corner with via de 'Geppi is a tabernacle with an eighteenth-century shrine, enclosing a valuable painting depicting the Madonna and Child. The palace was the residence of General Jacopo Adami, commander of the Fortezza da Basso, Senators Adami, knights of the Order of Saint Stephen: Antonfilippo, Commissioner of Pontremoli and important Italian polygraph, member of prominent academies such as La Colombaria, Georgofili, Arcadia, Apatisti el 'Etrusca (Antonfilippo has left in the palace the only Florentine example of a gallery dedicated to ancient Egypt with frescoes inspired by the rediscovery of Antiquity, science resurrected in the eighteenth century by intellectuals, philosophers and scientists), and Alessandro, director of Reggie finanze of Livorno and subsequently administrator of reference for the Asburgo-Lorena and of the ing. Guido Adami Lami (1869-1911), pilot and pioneer of the Italian automobile industry and founder in the 1899 of the automaker La Rondine.

In this building then, in the 1759, English Charles Hadfield (father of the English painter and educator Maria Cosway who was born in this house), she had opened a pension that, at least until the eighties of the eighteenth century, was particularly popular and frequented by foreign travelers (among her guests we remember the historian Edward gibbon, here in the 1764). In the mid-nineteenth century, on the front overlooking the Lungarno Guicciardini was built one evangelical church reformed with three naves with a monumental staircase entrance, which housed the entire foreign establishment, both resident and visiting Florence.

Events Salons: 1
Places For Events: 100
Set In Outdoors: Si
Set In Interior: Si
Set In Garden: Si
Vehicles accessibility for Events: Si
Address: Lungarno Guicardini, 17
City:
Region:
Postal Code: 50125
Country: Italy

Get in touch with the Historic House

Compare Listings