Historic palace from 1800 in Caivano
Palazzo Capece stands along Corso Umberto in Caivano, part of the ancient Via Regia that connected Naples with the Royal Palace of Caserta. An architectural structure that still preserves the essential features of the typical buildings of the nineteenth century, when even before becoming the property of the Capece family, the palace was a post station.
At the time the expeditions, as well as the people, traveled by carriages and to ensure efficiency and speed of transport, the post stations (located about 8km from each other) offered an indispensable support for the trip, giving the possibility to change horses and postiglioni, so that they maintained a high pace for the entire duration of the journey. The post stations were structured with several buildings, which housed stables for horses, stalls for stagecoaches, blacksmith shops, inns for the refreshment of people.
In 1800 (or perhaps even earlier) that the Post Office was taken over by the Neapolitan Capece family. Inside the palace an act was found which shows that the "building located at Corso Umberto n.33" was originally by Giorgio Capece (1826-1872), son of Michele Capece (who most likely acquired the farm and then he divided it between his sons (Giorgio and Domenico). Unfortunately Giorgio died prematurely and left - through a holographic will - his possessions (including Palazzo Capece) to his wife Maria Libertini (1848-1921), whom he married after a few years , the nephew of the deceased, Giuseppe Capece (1853-1888), who also died prematurely.
Maria Libertini therefore remains the heir to a great heritage that she values over time. Libertini then in 1899 obtained the perpetual concession for the Capece Chapel (1899), designed by the engineer Vincenzo Russo and located in the cemetery of Caivano, which today has been restored and preserves inside the paintings of great importance.