Palazzo Fantini: events in Tredozio, Forlì Cesena
Palazzo Fantini it is found at Tredozio, an ancient village in the heart of the Tramazzo valley, which has always been a border area between Romagna and Tuscany, and has become in effect a Romagna municipality in the 1923, on the occasion of the administrative restructuring of Romagna commissioned by Benito Mussolini. Here, far from the rhythms of the city, between rolling hills, steep roads and lush forests, traditions are still a precious heritage, which the inhabitants of Tredozio keep jealously and are handed down from generation to generation, from one century to the next.
It is in via XX Settembre - the main street of Tredozio - that the 3 may 1753 is laid the first stone of the facade of Palazzo Fantini, stronghold of the memories of a family that has lived there for almost three centuries.
On the elegant and severe façade in the Tuscan Baroque style (which unifies some older buildings), a balcony and the family crest, a cockerel, can be found. Patrician residence, the property was also the center of one great agricultural estate, where once were all local activities: the processing of silk, hemp, grapes and timber, the selection of cereals and the breeding of poultry.
For this reason, today as yesterday, the main door leads to a world characterized by different souls: the eighteenth-century frescoed representation rooms and, in small part, in neo-Gothic or Art Nouveau style, like the glazed passage, once a winter garden ; the private oratory and the library of the Fantini and Panciatichi families - Fratti, also home to the archive of the Garibaldi Antonio Fratti.
On the back, the large area originally used for agricultural use, today gathers tools and tools of agricultural activity started in the middle of the '700, and for the most part, is used to accommodate private events, cultural events e concerts.
Finally, raised above the floor of the house and hidden as a precious treasure, the wonderful Italian garden with the lemon groves, accessible only by steps along a large supporting wall.
Designed in the nineteenth century, the garden consists of hedges in Italian boxwood, secret alleys, fountains with water lilies, beds of old roses and, in the upper part, a park of ancient trees and a rocky garden.
The garden is part of the dei circuit Great Italian Gardens.
The history of Palazzo Fantini
Palazzo Fantini is the magnificent result of a series of constructions layered through the centuries: the original structure dates back to the seventeenth century, but it is only halfway through the eighteenth century that the building takes on its current appearance with a prestigious façade that unifies every previous building.
As the family memoirs document, the 3 may 1753, after the blessing of the foundations and the façades of the façade, is laid the first stone of the facade of the Palace.
Most of all Lorenzo Maria Fantini (1721 - 1782), the first of the three brothers, all sons of the last notary Diacinto Fantini.
Graduated in utroque jure at the University of Bologna, he is actively involved in the management of campaigns owned by the family; his brother Francesco Maria, ecclesiastical, obtained from Pope Clement XIII to be able to erect one private chapel dedicated to the Immaculate Conception, both in the parish church and in the palace. While Pier Maria, a successful lawyer and lawyer in Florence, is also active in the Florentine public offices and for many years, until the advent of Napoleon, holds the office of councilor of the City of Florence.
In the previous centuries, from the sixteenth century until the mid-eighteenth century, the members of the Fantini family did not live permanently in Tredozio: graduates in Pisa, practice notary with criminal functions as well as fidefacts together with the podestà of individual centers or in the municipalities located in the north of Grand-ducal Tuscany, of which Tredozio was also a member.
Their notarial activity, such as deeds and stipulations, is documented in the antecosimino and modern notarial archives of Florence for over two and a half centuries and is located in the State Archives of Florence.
Nel'500 Benedetto Fantini, cousin of the progenitor Gaspare Fantini, held important diplomatic functions in France, Tuscany, Rome and Hungary in the name of Duke Alfonso d'Este and in 1518 is sent to Krakow by the Estensi to the marriage of Sigismondo on the occasion of the wedding with Bona Sforza.
In the nineteenth century, following the increase of agricultural activity, in the back of the Palace are built barns, stables, warehouses for the conservation of wheat and a cellar that testifies to the wine production and where they are currently selling the wines of the family. These premises are today partly used for private events, concerts e cultural events.
In the same period the garden is designed, which incorporates the classic themes of the time: the secret alleys, the fountain with water lilies, the precise geometries of the hedges, the topiary box, the flower beds of old roses with stachis lanata and flower borders "Outmoded" like dahlias and begonias, iris, viburnum and lantana.
The garden is part of the Grandi Giardini Italiani circuit.
The Palazzo Fantini services: eprivate winds and concerts
For more than twenty years indeed Palazzo Fantini opens its doors to the public on the occasion of concerts of classical and jazz music, of art exhibitions, of book presentation and of literary conferences and represents an important promoter and cultural sponsor of the area.
Some stages of theEmilia Romagna Festival, the SaxArt Festival and other musical events accompany the summer evenings in the beautiful court of the Palace and ranges from classical to jazz through the blues.
Le exhibitions of contemporary sculpture in recent years have hosted works by Giuseppe Spagnulo, Ivan Theimer, Luciano Minguzzi and the Berlin sculptor Richard Hess.
Finally they keep interesting seminars on gardens, on flowers and gardening in general.
Restored and equipped with all the necessary infrastructure, Palazzo Fantini also lends itself as an ideal place for the following services:
- Conferences - meetings
- Showrooms - fashion shows
- Photographic services
- Presentation of product lines
- Exhibitions - exhibitions
- Conferences - press meetings