Palazzo Gianfigliazzi Bonaparte in Florence
Palazzo Gianfigliazzi Bonaparte It is located on Lungarno Corsini in the heart of the city of Florence, Within walking distance Old Bridge and from Duomo, it constitutes a home full of charm and history.
The Palace offers the visitor an enchanting panoramic view that embraces the most elegant Lungarni of the city on whose path meet the goldsmiths of Ponte Vecchio, the hanging gardens of Villa Bardini to continue up to the majestic bell towers of the Carmine and Santo Spirito churches.
Going up the imposing staircase of honor, you can directly enter the Noble Floor where the visitor is welcomed by a succession of rooms with a northern European atmosphere, to whom we owe the attribution of such uniqueness to the Palazzo to make it unique in the architectural panorama of the Florentine historical residences.
Following the important structural restoration and recently completed decoration, the rooms have been equipped with innovative air conditioning systems as well as sophisticated technical systems that allow the structure to adapt to today's professional needs, making it a contemporary home. The Palace also has modern and professional catering equipment as well as the necessary facilities and audio-visual technical predispositions Wi-Fi.
The Music Room It is the main and most representative room of the entire Noble Floor. This room, in addition to having more space for the creation of an event, favors the fantastic view of the historic city center and a long balcony that runs through it to offer the visitor the spectacle of intense and evocative sunsets.
The Hall of the Clock It is so named to emphasize the presence of a beautiful round clock in gilded bronze and blue enamel, placed on the front in the middle of the fireplace and framed by flowers and acorns. Also on the fireplace, there is a precious candelabra in gilded bronze and Bohemian crystals on the sides of which there are two female figures in a graceful attitude of support. The room is entirely decorated in pure gold with a representation of the arts: painting, sculpture, music and drawing.
The Hall of Paintings It is so named for the glorious ceiling full of paintings depicting still lifes, hunting scenes, and dancing putti with on their sides crowns of acanthus leaf patinated in silver and pure gold. A room with a particularly evocative and singular atmosphere.
The Corridor of the Lions, or Boiserie, shows on the ceiling paintings made by the Belgian artist Keirsbilch (1813-1884), author of numerous works throughout the building. The decorative parts are represented by a rampant lion, emblem of the Gianfigliazzi family.
The Hall of Lilies It is the first entrance hall to the Noble Floor of the Palace at the event this space is generally intended for the reception of guests. The room is adorned with a rich wooden ceiling with blue-patterned decorations and tiles with gold lily. These decorative elements are due to the restoration carried out around the 1685 by the Baron d'Hooghvorst.
Boudoir Blanc is a delightful private space, overlooking Lungarno Corsini and Ponte Vecchio, furnished with a statuary marble fireplace with caryatids on a supporting column and jambs with mythological scenes. The showcase with a display of small antiques embellishes the space.
The history of Palazzo Gianfigliazzi Bonaparte
Palazzo Gianfigliazzi for four centuries was the home of the homonymous family of powerful bankers connected with Spini, financiers of the Holy See. The origin of the name "Gianfigliazzi" seems to derive from the ancestor of the family, such Johannes Filius Acci, who in the twelfth century already owned several buildings along the Arno in Florence; the illustrious family gave the city of Florence 30 priori and 19 confalonieri di Giustizia. They lived there until they were extinct at the end of the eighteenth century. In 1825 the house was acquired by Luigi Bonaparte, one of Napoleon's brothers, former King of Holland, who lived there until his death in 1846. Later the Palace became the seat of the "Four Nations" hotel and as a plaque on the façade recalls, the man of letters Alessandro Manzoni stayed there for about a month, who, as was mentioned, was accompanied by thirteen people between family and servants . During his stay, Manzoni wrote to his friend and Milanese poet Tommaso Grossi: "I have seventy-one lunzuoli to rinse", referring to the reason for which he had come to Florence, to adapt to the Florentine language 71 pages of his most famous work: "I Promessi Newlyweds ". The Palace then passed to the noble Ranieri Lamporecchi, well-known Florentine lawyer and jurisconsult who held the highest offices of the magistrature of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany.
With the architect Bartolomeo Silvestri, the Palazzo was the object of a first major restoration that modified the layout of the windows on the façade and closed the loggia on the top floor, from which one could admire, as it is today, one of the most beautiful Florence.
In the 1865 the Palace received by marriage to the Baron Van der Linden d'Hooghvorst who married the Florentine noblewoman Aurora Guadagni, of the illustrious and ancient family already enemy of the Medici family and then welcomed by the Grand Dukes. The Baron d'Hooghvorst undertook a series of important works and, although the overall style of the Palace remained unchanged, changed its dimensions. The interior was also modified, the halls were renovated and stuccos and gildings were added to bring it back to the style of the era and to give rise to sumptuous receptions.
The chronicles of the time, in fact, tell of lavish dances and receptions held at the Palazzo, in which aristocrats, men of culture, politicians and all the high society from Italy but also from abroad participated. The furnishings were sumptuous, the furnishings refined and the banquets princely, to such an extent that, as reported by an anecdote of the 1870, during one of these events, a table collapsed under the weight of pottery, glassware and silver, but without the disturbance of the landlords, who in a short time made the tables again with all refinement, a "desired" demonstration, as the gossips said to show the abundance that prevailed at home. The Palace experienced other changes of ownership, the Cesaroni Venanzi in the second half of the nineteenth century and finally in the 1920, was bought by the lawyer Aldemiro Campodonico, a famous politician and publicist. Today his nephew Maria, Baroness De Hagenauer, wisely preserves the splendor, the fame, and the historical atmosphere of the house.
Private visits by reservation
Palazzo Gianfigliazzi Bonaparte is located in the heart of Florence, it is found at 400 meters from Ponte Vecchio and a few steps from via Tornabuoni exclusive city route.
Flanked by important historical houses which Palazzo Corsini, Palazzo Alfieri e Palazzo Spini Feroni it is placed on the Lungarni more exclusive of Florence. The station Santa Maria Novella it is easily accessible on foot with a 10 minute route. Not far from the palace it is possible to reach the famous Porcellino market but also Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Strozzi and all the places of greatest interest.