Palazzo Pierantoni: hostel in the center of Foligno
Example of splendid architecture built in the 600th century, it is made up of buildings from different eras. the Palace preserves a nymphaeum with remains of the original garden and the pergola. From 1879 until 1981 it was the Augustinian Monastery from Santa Maria di Bethlehem. If you are looking for a place to stay comfortably in the center of Foligno, inside Palazzo Pierantoni there is a hostel equipped with all the main comforts.
The Hostel benefits from an incredibly privileged central location: a few steps from the heart of the historic center, from the Duomo, from the Sanctuary of Sant'Angela and from the numerous historical Palaces.
The hostel is easy to reach as it is located a few meters from the train and bus stations; despite being in the heart of the center it is at the same time immersed in silence and total relaxation.
Guests will have access to the internal garden where they can spend moments of reading, resting or getting to know the other guests of the hotel, a large private car park and a restaurant with more than 100 seats. Every detail has been designed to make travelers' stay pleasant even in the simplicity and freedom that distinguish the hostels.
The palace was built in the mid-seventeenth century and is the result of a structural redefinition carried out between the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries.
In fact, the Pierantoni family reunified the pre-existing structures and built the unitary body of the building, with six window axes, which ends the street of the same name and overlooks the rear garden with the elegant façade with two balconies with pot-bellied railings.
On the main floor, three rooms have painted vaults and are the Hall of Olympus, Cupid and Apollo.
The reception hall, which we can identify due to its greater vastness, does not contain paintings, but is qualified only by a beautiful stucco fireplace with the coat of arms, probably by Pierantoni.
In the Sala d'Amore Cupid is depicted in the center surrounded by 4 other tables depicting other characters from the Greco-Roman mythology. The frescoed vault is attributed to Giovan Battista Michelini (Foligno 1604-1679).
The Sala dell'Olimpo from Gian Domenico Mattei (Foligno¬Roma 1706).
The rooms of Palazzo Pierantoni offer different accommodations able to satisfy the needs of both single travelers and families and large groups.
150 beds with single, double, quadruple or multiple rooms, most of them with internal services.