Villa Intragnola: a botanical park on the shore of Lake Maggiore
Villa Intragnola stands on a 7-hectare botanical park that overlooks the Lombard shore of Lake Maggiore for a kilometer. The English park collects an important collection of exotic conifers - which began in the early 1900s - deciduous trees and flowering shrubs. An intense open-air nursery activity is carried out to increase and enrich the collections.
The park can be visited for specific events. Guided tours are organized by appointment for groups of botanical interest. It is possible to stay inside the park at the Polidora farmhouse, which provides B&B service. Guests have free access to the park for the duration of their stay. The Villa is a private residence and is not
At the end of the 800th century, Gerolamo Pirinoli, an industrialist in order to give work to the unemployed of the "Sponda Magra" and to cover outcropping rocks, dangerous for navigation, had a granite wall built using the precious local stone from the Baveno quarries . The construction with curves, embellishments, stairs, slides and docks follows the natural relief of the coast. The artifact is developed for one kilometer and represents an important testimony of the work of the Verbanese picasass.
An agricultural activity was carried out on site with a farmhouse serving the pastures. With the construction of the Villa, called Intragnola, in 1911, for the passion of Pirinoli's grandson, Eng. Vincenzo Sarti, begins a collection of exotic conifers, of which the Taxodium grove on the beach is the most characteristic element.