Residenza Vignale is located in Milan, in a strategic area in the very central Magenta-Vercelli area. In particular, the proximity of important centers such as the Triennale, the Stelline Foundation and the Museum of Science and Technology, in addition to the presence of arteries with a strong commercial vocation such as Corso Vercelli, make this building the ideal place for cultural-promotional events. .
The area is well served by public transport and in particular by the underground line 1 (the Conciliazione stop is about 50 meters away from the Residence).
The Vignale Residence is a building whose structure dates back to the early twentieth century, in the context of the Milanese liberty, with interiors of great value.
The four reception rooms and the large entrance, dominated by an imposing staircase, are different in color and type and are furnished with antique furniture of great value; located on the ground floor, overlooking a flowered courtyard, which can be used in combination with the interiors.
Residenza Vignale is a very versatile space and is suitable both for private and company events and is also suitable for hosting exhibitions.
Recently restored, it is equipped with the most modern technologies.
History and Art
The construction of the villa dates back to the years 1905 1907, born as the home of an Austrian prince eager to reside in Milan, because he was in love with a young Milanese.
The original project, signed by the architect Gattermayer, is also the result of the collaboration with the Austrian Adolf Loos, a leading Viennese actress from the end of 800.
The simple and clean cut façade combines decorative elements of traditional Austrian taste, such as the checkered balcony and the Milanese liberty, like the putti that support the terrace.
The main body, intended for the residence of the Prince, is on two floors: on the ground floor the large rooms
with access to the courtyard, on the first floor bedrooms and sitting rooms.
On the other side of the courtyard are the servants' quarters, set in a curious building with dark wood moldings and a pretty bay window.
There is also a stable for horses and a depot for a carriage, which is protected by an elegantly decorated iron shelter.
After the Prince's death in battle, in the 1914, the house passes into the hands of several owners.
Some floors are elevated in the 50 years, but the ancient charm of the façade and the courtyard is still intact.
Inside the furniture is composed of mirrors and golden consoles, tapestries, paintings, carpets and a very refined Sicilian parlor with boiserie and mirrors.
The original appearance remains absolutely unchanged in all the basic structure, from the elegantly decorated ceilings, to the parquet and marble floors, to the clean and grandiose cut of the staircase and the rooms.
After a meticulous restoration, in the