Tenuta Bossi in Pontassieve
La Tenuta Bossi, is the most important company of the gondi, an ancient Florentine family of which we have news since the thirteenth century. It was bought by the Gondi in the 1592, in his 315 ha., of which 19 has. to vineyards, 32 has. to oliveti, boschi e cereals. It is located in the heart of the Chianti Rùfina, a famous wine-growing area since Rinascimento, at 18 Km from Florence.
In the second half of the eighteenth century, Niccolò Antonino Gondi, expanded and enriched the villa, with baroque decorations, and the small chapel pre-existing became a real church with three altars.
The Villa Bossi in the middle of the 1800 was restored, from Maria De Labruguière Gondi, a French noble left a widow, who moved with her two sons to the countryside. In addition to building the central hall, she raised the one-storey villa, widened it cellars building a large room, under the garden, equipped for vinification, which is accessed through a staircase that departs from the aging rooms. Finally, it had a large park with cedars of the Lebanon.
The ground floor of the Villa, together with park where they stand cedars of Lebanon, they are the ideal place for corporate events, weddings, meeting, Congress, fashion shows e movie sets.
Organize guided tours, To age-old cellar and all 'orciaia. You can taste and buy wines and oil.
The company today, also has a Farmhouse, composed of 7 apartments finely restructured by 2 ai 12 beds (for a total of 46). All apartments have Wi-Fi, garden, barbecue, parking.
The history of the Bossi Estate
One of the most important seals of the Gondi is the Villa Bossi in Pontassieve, which the family still owns today from 1592. Belonged to Tolomei family, the dwelling was purchased by Bartolomeo di Bernardo Gondi for 7.500 lire.
In the second half of the eighteenth century, with Niccolò Antonino Gondi, the villa of Bossi was extensively rebuilt, enlarged and enriched with sumptuous baroque decorations, and the small pre-existing chapel became a real church with three altars, the great organ functioning thanks to a bellows, lateral coretti, one where the family took its place one for the servants, a large sacristy in the back of the church. In this church are burials of all the Gondi who owned this villa from then on. The aspect of the great residence is given to us by a drawing of Raffaello Paganelli (1744-1810).
The two jutting bodies of the villa encircled a central courtyard open towards the valley, then transformed into a salon. A double-ramp staircase, no longer existing, led to the raised main noble floor.
The Bossi villa assumed a role of greater importance for the family and in the middle of the 800 it was restored and transformed by closing the central courtyard open towards the valley, by the young widow of Francesco Gondi, Maria De Labruguière, a French nobleman, who did not settle very well in the Florence of the time, preferred to spend a lot of time in the country villa, together with his two sons. In addition to building the central hall, she raised the one-storey villa, expanded the cellars, and built a large room, under the garden, equipped for vinification and which was accessed through a long staircase that led from the aging rooms. In part, it buried the whole cellar to have a more stable temperature both in winter and in summer, it had a large park with cedars of Lebanon and many holm oaks, and an Italian garden in front of the villa.
Now the Villa and the Estate belong to Bernard and to his sister Donatella, which together with the sons of Bernardo, produce wines ed oil, they realize private events, weddings e guided tours
Services: agriturismo, wedding location and events in Chianti
At Tenuta Bossi, we offer:
- Guided tours in the historic cellarse
- Tasting of wines and oil of own production
- Overnight in the 7 apartments of the agriturismo
Prices for services offered are to be agreed with the property
Places of interest nearby
Tenuta Bossi is located in the heart of the Chianti Rufinawhich is only 18 km from the center of Florence, where it is possible to visit the beauties of the Renaissance.
At the same time it is about 10 km from Fiesole, famous country for the Roman Theatre, however the whole valley of the Val di Sieve it is important as it is rich in castles, villas, churches of all ages, among which the Castle of Trebbio or Church of the Madonna del Sasso or convent of Vallombrosa.