• IT | EN

Villa Angarano

The architectural genius of Palladio in Bassano del Grappa
Site Search
Site Search
Advanced Search
No products found 0 results
Your search results

Get in touch with the Historic House

Villa Angarano in Bassano del Grappa

Villa Angarano it is a majestic Palladian villa in Bassano del Grappa, in the province of Vicenza, owned and lived by the five sisters of the Bianchi Michiel family, descendants of an ancient Dogi family.

The project of the villa is included in one of the "Four Books of Architecture" (1570) by Andrea Palladio, who describes the house it as follows: "This place is famous for the precious wines here produced, its fruits growing here, and even more for the courtesy of the owner".

In 1548 Giacomo Angarano commissioned to his eminent friend Andrea Palladio the construction of the current prestigious villa to be both a farm and a countryside house.

In 1556 works began, but the master’s house was not completed. Currently only the two “Barchesse” correspond to the Palladian design, built to enclose the central Barroque house.

Venetian Architect Domenico Margutti, student of Baldassare Longhena, built the latter between the end of the Seventeenth century and the beginning of the eighteenth century.

The far end of the West Barchessa includes the family Church of S. Maria Maddalena, attributed to Margutti too.

There are overall eighteen statues in the property. Four of them are inside the Church, represent holy figures and were probably sculpted by an artistic of considerable value, Giacomo Cassetti, also known as “Il Marinali” (1682-1750).

In 1996 UNESCO’s Commission inscribed the Villa on the World Heritage Sites’ list.

Services: weddings and events

Food and wine sales

Villa Angarano is also a wine cellar and its wine production is part of “DOC Breganze” area.

Villa Angarano’s wine range includes: “Angarano Bianco” Breganze Vespaiolo DOC, “Angarano Rosso” Breganze Rosso DOC e “San Biagio” Breganze Torcolato DOC Riserva; “Quare di Angarano” Cabernet Sauvignon IGT, “Ca 'Michiel” Veneto Chardonnay IGT and “5 Sisters” Veneto Rosato IGT. In addition to wine, Villa Angarano produces also extra-virgin olive oil.

Wine tasting tours on appointment only: single visitors from Monday to Friday, from 9 to 12 a.m. and from 2 to 6 p.m.; group of minimum 8 people also on weekends.

The visit includes: guided walk around Villa Angarano’s area open to the public and wine and olive oil tasting.

Starting price: € 14

Rental price: to be agreed upon – contact us on [email protected]

Personalized visit: to be agreed

Places of interest nearby

Promenade and cycle path along the Brenta River
Historic center of Bassano del Grappa and the Old Bridge di Andrea Palladio (2 km)
Historic Center and Castle of Marostica (8 km)
Nine, the City of Ceramics (8 km)
Historic center of Asolo and the Rocca (20 km)
Possagno's Gipsoteca, the Temple and the Antonio Canova's House (20 km)
Historic center of Castelfranco Veneto and the walled city (25 km)
Tomb of the Brion family designed by Carlo Scarpa (25 km)
Asiago plateau (50 km)
Military Shrine of the Monte Grappa - Cima Grappa (50 km)

Park or garden
Set In Outdoors: Si
Set In Interior: Si
Set In Garden: Si
Vehicles accessibility for Events: Si
Phone: 424503086
Address: Contrà Corte Sant'Eusebio, 15
Region:
Postal Code: 36061
Country: Italy
Phone: 424503086

Get in touch with the Historic House

Compare Listings