• IT | EN

Villa Borghese Beautiful Aspect

History, green and the sea
Site Search
Site Search
Advanced Search
No products found 0 results
Your search results

Villa Borghese Beautiful Aspect

City:
Region:
Room price € 600 / week

Get in touch with the Historic House

Villa Borghese Bell'Aspetto in Nettuno

Villa Borghese NettunoHalfway between Anzio e Nettuno, immersed in a large monumental park, stands the Villa Borghese di Nettuno, formerly Villa di Bell'Aspetto.

The family Borghese today offers the public the opportunity to stay in the complex by offering different solutions for short or long term rent.

Numerous apartments, inside the Villa itself or in other buildings located within the park, are available for location.

You can follow in this time-honored tradition, sunbathing and strolling on the beach or reading a book in the shade of ancient trees.

Villa Borghese Beautiful Aspect

The construction of the villa by the Cardinal Vincenzo Costaguti (1612-1660) began in 1647.

The work, attributed to the architect Giovanni Antonio De Rossi (1616-1695), was inaugurated two years later and took the name of Villa di Bell'Aspetto.

The Villa has hosted a number of notable guests, among whom we remember the Regina Cristina di Sweden, Pope Innocent XII and in 1697 Pope Benedict XIV in 1746.

Gabriele D'Annunzio (1904) during his stay at the villa he wrote "The Daughter of Iorio".

The villa remained the property of the Costaguti family until 1818, when it was purchased by the Duke Giovanni Torlonia.

A few years later, in the 1832, the Torlonia ceded the property to the Prince Don Camillo Borghesefrom that time its name appears also as the Villa Borghese.. In 1923 the entire area in which the building stands is subjected to Panoramic constraint from the Ministry of Education.

During World War II, on January XNUMX, XNUMX, troops of the Fifth Army swarmed ashore on a fifteen-mile stretch of beach near the small towns of Anzio and Nettuno. Maj. General John P. Lucas, Commander of the U. S. Fifth Army's VI Corps and his staff occupied the underground level of the Villa. (World Wa