• IT | EN

Villa Il Castellano

A place of history in the Marche region
Site Search
Site Search
Advanced Search
No products found 0 results
Your search results

Get in touch with the Historic House

The villa Il Castellano in Porto Sant'Elpidio

The villa "Il Castellano" is located in the Municipality of Porto Sant'Elpidio, in the province of Fermo.

Between the rivers Chienti ed Ete Dead, towards the sea, stands on the site of a Roman outpost and a subsequent medieval castle belonging to thearchdiocese of Fermana in whose remains, in the sixteenth century, he would have moved Giorgio Araniti Comneo, coming from Byzantium with his wife, the Princess Corsican Column.

in 1625 Hannibal Major Column of Leca Guerrieri, son of the marquise of Macerata Cecilia Ricci, built the central body of the villa, including a panoramic watchtower.

Starting from 1767, the Major family, which had recently obtained the noble title and had become part of the patrician Fermano and, most likely, became the sole owner of the villa, built the chapel with the family tombs and the two wings that close the complex.

After being the country home of the most influential Casate of the Fermano, the Warriors first, then the Major, the villa, which has long conjugated summer residential function with that of center of economic-productive organization of the great agricultural property of the family, today belongs to the Scoccini which has recently acquired and reunified the entire property.

Due to the notoriety of its owners, the villa resided in the villa king of Sardinia Vittorio Emanuele I of Savoy, Gioacchino Murat, Gerolamo Bonaparte and other members of the Capitoline aristocracy.

Its building typology, characterized by a massive quadrangular factory body surmounted by an altana, is found in few other examples of country residences dating back to the first decades of the seventeenth century: the Villa of the Cardinal Decio Azzolino in Grottammare and the Villa Alvitreti in Folignano.

The main building stands out from the others that dot the surrounding countryside, not only for its considerable size, but also for a greater and more accurate architectural quality. The entire complex, developed over time, consists of a central block used as a residence and depandances, placed laterally, used as storage.

The structure is completed by the rural buildings, once used as warehouses and the private chapel which, in height, does not exceed the longitudinal buildings.

Cited as a rural church of Santa Maria del Carmine and S. Antonio, in the pastoral visit carried out in 1843 by Cardinal Filippo De Angelis, the chapel was erected by Count Annibale Guerrieri and officiated at the festivals of dedication by a priest, as established with document 6 April 1686 of the Notary Recchi and 16 July 1696 of the notary Petrini.

The exterior, decorated at the corners with pilasters and brick frames, has a simple facade, completed by a tympanum and a modest bell gable.

The history of the villa Il Castellano

Between the rivers Chienti ed Ete Dead, towards the sea, stands on the site of a Roman outpost and a subsequent medieval castle belonging to thearchdiocese of Fermana in whose remains, in the sixteenth century, he would have moved Giorgio Araniti Comneo, coming from Byzantium with his wife, the Princess Corsican Column.

in 1625 Hannibal Major Column of Leca Guerrieri, son of the marquise of Macerata Cecilia Ricci, built the central body of the villa, including a panoramic watchtower.

Starting from 1767, the Major family, which had recently obtained the noble title and had become part of the patrician Fermano and, most likely, became the sole owner of the villa, built the chapel with the family tombs and the two wings that close the complex.

After being the country home of the most influential Casate of the Fermano, the Warriors first, then the Major, the villa, which has long conjugated summer residential function with that of center of economic-productive organization of the great agricultural property of the family, today belongs to the Scoccini which has recently acquired and reunified the entire property.

Due to the notoriety of its owners, the villa resided in the villa king of Sardinia Vittorio Emanuele I of Savoy, Gioacchino Murat, Gerolamo Bonaparte and other members of the Capitoline aristocracy.

Its building typology, characterized by a massive quadrangular factory body surmounted by an altana, is found in few other examples of country residences dating back to the first decades of the seventeenth century: the Villa of the Cardinal Decio Azzolino in Grottammare and the Villa Alvitreti in Folignano.

Services

Wedding prices: € 2.500

Corporate events prices: € 2.000

Various events prices: € 1.500

Places of interest nearby:

Loreto, Ancona, Fermo, Macerata, Ascoli Piceno, Sibillini Mountains and villages in the area

Swimming pool
Internet
Pets allowed
Park or garden
Disabled accessibility
Price: € 1,500 / week
Bedrooms: 8