Villa Cesi in Nonantola
Villa Cesis or Cesi, also known as Villa Rossi or Villa Verona in Nonantola for private events of charm, weddings and congresses.
Combin building complex, main square-shaped body of the 1700, object of subsequent expansion in the 1800 with the construction of the transversal arms, the first floor and most of the Villa's frescoes.
The two marble columns on the sides of the central portal stand out, supporting a graceful balcony, which were once connected to the windows. Inside, the passageway is supported by a barrel vault, articulated by a double series of nails.
The large nineteenth-century spiral staircase leads to the first floor and the mezzanine floor. The rooms on the main floor conserve some stucco fireplaces and decorated ceilings, 18th-century walnut doors. Originally the park of the Villa extended to the first gate with the two columns on the way to Bologna; behind the villa the main park remains with a terracotta-tiled basin.
The history of Villa Cesi
Villa Cesi has ancient origins: built on the wishes of the Valentini counts, it became the home of an important and noble family, the Cesi, doctors of the Estensi and Scaligeri duchies, who were the owners from 1700 up to the early centuries of 800.
On the end of the nineteenth century the villa was inhabited by the writer Guido da Verona from whom he took the name for a certain period of time. The da Verona gave the villa its current imprint, with its characteristic comb structure and frescoes in the rooms. Eve