Villa di Corliano in San Giuliano Terme
It is a historic villa by the fifteenth century externally decorated with sixteenth-century graffiti typical of the Florentine mannerism and preserves in its interiors valuable frescoes by Andrea Boscoli (1592) and Nicola Matraini (1750).
It is part of a plus large monumental complex composed of the noble chapel, the farm (built by the architect Ignazio Pellegrini in 1755), the oil mill, the stables, the coffehouse and a park of sublime charm of about 3 hectares which counts some secular plants and enclosed within the walls.
The Villa di Corliano is recognized as one of the most prestigious Renaissance villas in Tuscany.
Today exclusive location where found hospitality during travel e holidays or where to organize private events, parties e weddings.
The history of Villa di Corliano
The Agostini Venerosi of the Silk bought the village of Corliano the 17 June 1536 for 1500 florins from the Spini of Florence, who had undertaken work since the first half of the fifteenth century on the ruins of theof the Paganus and villa of the Venulei, patrons of the Pisan colony that had built the aqueduct of Caldaccoli and the Baths of Pisa in 92 AD.
An excellent example of the economic force that the Pisan aristocracy invested in the 16th century, the villa of Corliano in 1616 was described by the Florentine Vincenzo Pitti How "The most beautiful palace that is around Pisa".
The current aspect is due to an intervention of the second half of the eighteenth century conducted by the architect Ignazio Pellegrini, repeatedly called by the Pisan client, as shown by his numerous assignments to redesign the "facies" of many residences of the surrounding countryside.
The façade, whose compact sixteenth-century structure was originally decorated a graffiti, was enriched by frames, niches and false openings that break the wall box.
The result is a sort of diaphragm that connects the exterior with the interior, decorated in the 1593 by the painter Andrea Boscoli with mythological scenes, allegories of the months and zodiacal signs.
In the second half of the eighteenth century, the rearrangement of the garden dates back to centuries-old trees, already reported by the Targioni Tozzetti, while in the 1898 part of the garden was transformed into a romantic park.
The villa is still owned by the Pisan counts and patricians Agostini Venerosi della Seta.
Services: hospitality, events location and weddings in Tuscany
Dimora price per day: from 1000 €
Dimora price per week: from 5000 €
room price per day: from 70 €
room price per week: from 490 €
Breakfast : Buffet 5 euro
Brunch : Buffet 15 euro
Lunch : from 25 euro to the restaurant
Snack/Appetizer : 5 euro in cafeteria
Prices : from 20 euro for Relais guests