Villa Elodia in Trivignano Udinese
Since the beginning of the eighteenth century, Villa Elodia, with the annexed rustic and the surrounding lands, was part of the properties of a noble Venetian family, active in the silk sector and supplier of fine fabrics in Casa del Imperial House of Austria.
The architectural complex dates back to the middle of the seventeenth century and consists of a central body and two slightly backward side bodies. In the central body there is an external staircase with two ramps in stone and wrought iron leading directly to the hall of the main floor.
The balconies on the first floor with stone balustrade and the tympanum with a central eye embellished by three statues at the top make the architecture of the whole beautiful.
The interior layout of the villa consists of three levels: ground, first and second floors. On the main floor, in the middle of the main hall, the guest is welcomed by a refined marble statue, the work of the workshop of Canova. The passing hall and the symmetrical rooms that overlook it recreate the compositional model of the Venetian villa. All the rooms are embellished with frescoes, stuccos and decorations of neoclassical inspiration and the original "Venetian terrace" of the floors.
The Villa also has five double rooms all with bathroom, a modern equipped kitchen, a breakfast - lunch room and a living room for reading and TV.
The large ancient villa flanksbarchessa", Recently renovated to accommodate events and ceremonies. In the back, a centuries-old park with a romantic pond opens up into a beautiful setting. The whole is closed by elegant crenellated walls.
The story of Villa Elodia
The Villa, located in the center of the village and well defended by a high crenellated wall that runs around it, could go back to the second half of the '600, but it is not unlikely to be older.
The Napoleonic cadastre in 1811 attributes its ownership to the Redolfi, landowners of Trivignano. Called "house with own court", it was probably a manor house with features different from the current ones. In the 1821 Francesco Redolfi he sold all the property to the nobleman Domenico Rubini.
The Rubies, Venetian patricians from 1646, had settled in Friuli since the middle of the '700, where they owned mills and they traded in fabrics and precious silks that exported to Vienna, capital of the empire.
Domenico started the extension of the whole complex, ennobling the villa according to the aesthetic and cultural dictates that had established themselves among the nobility and rich bourgeoisie of Venice since the times of the Palladium.
The main facade of the villa has clear elements of ancestry neoclassical: Doric pilasters that frame the central body, the tympanum with the central rose window crowned by three beautiful statues, the double-flight stone staircase leading to the main floor: all elements recall the neoclassical taste, derived from the interpretation of the dictates of the Palladio spread between the nobility of the province of Udine and the border areas with Veneto between the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries.
The central hall in pure "empire" style it is embellished with elegant Ionic columns and a refined statue of a woman, probably the work of Canova's "workshop". On the sides of the living room, in a symmetrical position, are the living rooms and the dining room. All the rooms are embellished with Murano chandeliers and original furniture.
Domenico also extended the rural buildings and he built cellars for the conservation of the wheat e but, the crushing of the wine and breeding of the silkworm, in line with the economic approach that the Venetian patricians had wisely given to their villas in the mainland: le "Barns" (that is, buildings mainly for rural use) had in fact a development and importance not inferior to those of the main building.
At the death of the count, which occurred in the 1848, the assets were divided between his sons Pietro, Carlo, Luigia and Caterina and the estate of Trivignano passed into property to Charles, who lived permanently with his wife Emma Forbes, English opera singer, and three daughters.
Carlo probably promoted new interventions that mainly concerned the park. In the inventory in death of Dominic, in fact, one is described garden, located between the villa and the "brolo", having characteristics similar to those of the Italian Renaissance, where the space was divided into compartments of geometric shapes surrounded by box hedges, with flowering plants, roses and statues.
Today there is no trace of this system; the park designed by Carlo remains unchanged with respect to the original system. This presents the characteristics of a English nature park: the pond, the little ones channels, the avenues and the wood they identify it as landscaped garden in the romantic style of the end of the '800.
The family bonds of the Rubies make us suppose an intervention of thearchitect Andrea Scala in the design of this park: in 1843, in fact, Luigia, Carlo's sister, married Gian Battista, brother of the famous architect Andrea Scala. The existing documentation tells us that the Scala intervened in several projects of the family: the garden e park di Villa Rubini in Spessa di Cividale owned by Pietro, the garden of the Udinese residence of Gabriele Pecile, husband of his sister Caterina, and the barchessa della Villa Costantini Scala in Meretus of the Chapter.
On Carlo's death, the estate passed to his eldest daughter Marion, who gave her name to the villa for a few years. After a period of well - being still tied to the land rents and to the breeding of silkworms, the outbreak of the World War I marks a setback: Trivignano is to be a war retrovia and the villa is used as a military hospital.
in 1954 Elodia Orgnani Martina he bought the property, which is still managed by his heirs.
Services: events locations and weddings in Friuli
Historical Villa: the neoclassical salon and adjacent lounges for aperitifs and reserved dinners, seminars and conferences, product presentations, up to 60 people, selected cooking classes and wine tastings of the territory four double rooms with bathroom in Italian marble, breakfast-dining room , living room and independent kitchen.
Foledor: two modular rooms on the number of guests, four bathrooms including two for the disabled, wardrobe, kitchen area equipped for catering with private entrance, tables and chairs, no architectural barrier.
Garden and park: the outdoor spaces are the ideal setting for many occasions and for all types of settings.
Parking: for 50 / 55 cars.
The Villa can be rented entirely for weekly stays for four / eight people, with appropriate services to be agreed with the client.