Villa il Paradiso di Pianciano is a sumptuous residence set in a magnificent olive grove in the valley of the Spina, valley crossed by the road that since the times of the Etruscans and the Romans connected the central Italy to the Adriatic Sea.
Staying at Villa Paradiso it is a bit of a special emotion: a perfect combination of art and history, of the experience of traditions that have been tenaciously handed down and of the enjoyment of the pleasure that a thoughtful caring gives to the guests. The house has been recently renovated but here time continues to flow slowly and the past lives again, with all its charm, in every corner and in every room.
The Villa is on three floors: ha 7 magnificent rooms (For 13 beds), 5 bathrooms plus 2 courtesy, a ballroom embellished by the eighteenth-century fresco of the Aurora, two lounges, a dining room and a billiard room. All rooms are characterized by original furnishings. The adjacent pool, equipped with every comfort, gives coolness and relaxation during the hottest hours of the summer months.
From Villa Paradiso it is possible to reach the most suggestive cities of art (Spello, Assisi, Bevagna, Montefalco ...), try your hand at hiking and walking, looking for truffles with an experienced searcher and his dogs, go to wineries or follow the unmissable cooking classes taught by the local cook.
la family of the Pianciani counts, among the most illustrious of Umbria, towards the end of 1600 began the construction of Villa Paradiso in the valley of the Spina. According to tradition, the Spina road was the scene of Hannibal's passage, in the march towards Spoleto after the battle of Lake Trasimeno (217 BC), as evidenced by the 1580 map displayed in the gallery of the Vatican Museums.
The 1600 was a tumultuous period, as evidenced by the defensive towers built on the sides of the villa: but since the beginning of the 1700 the glories and delights that connoted this century took the upper hand and the ballroom with the magnificent fresco of the Aurora became for a long time the central environment of the building.
Following the extinction of Pianciani, in the 1911 the Villa Paradiso, together with the vast surrounding farm, was bought by the Bachetoni Rossi Vaccari family, current owners. In the restoration of the 1970 the architect Tomaso Buzzi intervened, who conceived the octagonal hole in the ballroom.
Since then the Pianciano Paradise - Italian Historical House - offers the charm of staying in a place out of time