Villa Ines in Romano d'Ezzelino
The building is a significant example of nineteenth-century architecture strongly characterized by a Renaissance imprint of Venetian taste such as the beautiful central serliana and the high plinth of rusticated ashlar. The façade, rigidly symmetrical, presents the central sector just jutting out from the walls.
On the ground floor, there is an entrance door framed by a rusticated rustication and flanked by two oculi at the top. The door is surmounted on the main floor by the central serliana. The windows, single-light throughout the building, are arched framed with white stone.
The interior of the villa was built according to the characteristic pattern of many Venetian villas. The lounge on the ground floor, flanked by four side, is connected to the living room and the rooms on the main floor through a staircase in light marble embellished by a cast iron railing with flower branches. In the central halls and in the side rooms there are the tempera paintings of the ceilings that outline squares decorated with floral motifs in harmony with the intended use of the villa as a residence for summer stays.
The floors are in battuta alla veneta or "palladiana" with medium grit, or they are made of fir planks of considerable width as can be seen in the library.
The villa, in accordance with the agricultural needs of the time, is completed by a large cellar with two wells and sloped floor for the collection of wine and a large barn from which you can admire the strong structure of the wooden beams of the roof.
In the kitchen, located in the old patronal house is the old fireplace supported laterally by two Venetian stone prisons.
The story of Villa Ines
The Villa Chilesotti - Benetti, known as Villa Ines, is located along the old suburban road that connected, in the past centuries, the banks of the river Brenta with those of the Piave between the municipalities of Romano Alto and Pove. The first historical information of the old manor house, taken from the archives of the Asolo museum and the Roman parish archives, date back to the 1640.
After various renovations, carried out in 1700 by the Zambelli family, the villa was bought, towards the end of 1700, by Count Giusti who built the current villa next to the old manor house. The villa is also known as Villa Chilesotti having been inhabited, after the Righteous, by the well-known Bassanese musician who died there.
After the First World War, Villa Ines is owned by the Benetti family.
Services: hospitality and events location in Veneto
Villa Ines offers the possibility to rent the Villa Padronale, from the beginning of May to the end of October. There are 4 rooms (8 beds: 3 double beds and two singles), three bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, two living rooms and the villa's garden.