Villa Le Corti in San Casciano in Val di Pesa
Villa Le Corti it is historically the estate owned by Corsini principles, one of the most ancient and illustrious Italian aristocratic families. Purchased in 1363, covers about 250 hectares in the heart of the Chianti Classico, in San Casciano in Val di Pesa, at the gates of Florence.
The Villa, majestic architecture late Renaissance, built at the beginning of the seventeenth century on a project ofArchitect Santi di Tito, is quadrangular, with two towers on the main facade. Set on a hill, which hides the cellars, it dominates over the 50 hectares of vineyards and 13.000 olive trees of the estate.
Inside there is the enclosed courtyard, on the four sides, by a open gallery with round arches with cross vaults which leads to the rooms on the ground floor.
The ground floor of the Villa, together with the vast park that surrounds it, characterized by geometric Italian flower beds, centuries-old cypress trees, and a very large lawn, are the ideal place to gala events e ceremonies, meeting, Congress, fashion shows e movie sets.
Under the Villa and its garden, the historical cellar, built in the 1600, winds through a system of rooms and corridors organized on three levels. It is the place where, according to the dictates oforganic farming, "Wines" are born Chianti Classico and l 'Principe Corsini extra virgin olive oil.
Organize guided tours to seventeenth-century dwelling, To historical cellar, at the mill and at the shredder. Yes they can taste wines and oil, which can be bought in ours wine shop, and eat atOsteria Le Corti.
in historic kitchens of the Villa are held cooking courses.
From the 2015 the Villa is home to the precious Corsini Archive.
The history of Villa Le Corti
The purchase of the Tenuta by the Corsini family dates back to the 1363. The choice was determined by its proximity to Florence, the quality of the land and the presence of an oil mill for the production of oil.
At the beginning of the '600 Bartolomeo Corsini (1545-1613), to whom we owe the patrimonial solidity of the family reached together with his brother Filippo (1538-1601), he entrusted the project for the construction to the painter-architect Santi di Tito (1536-1603) of Villa Le Corti, the first large building wanted by the family to underline its social and political status.
In the building of the Villa there are two phases of interventions:
-a first phase, from the 1602 to the 1614, where the profit is favored, characterized by the demolition of the pre-existing building, by the construction of the new and by the first decorative interventions by Bartolomeo. This phase also includes the construction of the premises used for the farm and, in particular, the immense cellars that wind, on various levels, under the Villa and the surrounding meadow;
-a second phase, from the 1689 to the 1700 around, which sees Filippo (1647-1706) protagonist of the decorative apparatus with sumptuous and particular creations, among which the alcove stands out.
The Villa, with its majestic late-Renaissance architecture, has a quadrangular plan, with two towers on the main facade. Inside is the courtyard surrounded on all four sides by a loggia with round arches with cross vaults.
From the courtyard you can access the rooms on the ground floor. Among these, to note, the Women's Room (dining room) so called because at the end of the nineteenth century was decorated by the painter Gaetano Bianchi with the coats of arms of the noble houses of women married to the Corsini, and the Hall of Clement XII (salon da ballo) where there is an impressive marble bust in memory of the Corsini pontiff.
On the first floor there is the Chapel frescoed by Bernardino Poccetti, and the apartment, wanted by Filippo on the occasion of his wedding with Lucrezia Rinuccini, for which he commissioned for the frescoes to Antonio Giusti and Alessandro Gherardini and to Giovannozzo Giovannozzi for the invoice of alcove, whose architecture simulates a cave.
From the 2014 on the first floor of the Villa the Corsini Archive is kept, here transferred, after 3 centuries, from Florence. Ten rooms for 1.200 linear meters of strings, registers, cards, scrolls ... documenting ten centuries of the family's history. An extraordinary and unique source for scholars for knowledge, not only in the history of the family, but also in the history of our country.
The Villa is the private residence of Duccio and Clotilde Corsini who live there and who with passion preserve and enhance this vast complex.
Services: agriturismo, wedding location and events in Chianti
Prices for events: on request