"The most illustrious Signor Niccolò Molino Cavaliere, according to our designs, made a place called La Mandria ... The appearance of the factory looks to Sirocco: before it passes the main road and runs the Bacchiglione, a very navigable river”(Vincenzo Scamozzi, from The Idea of Universal Architecture).
Located between Padua and the Euganean hills, Villa Molin overlooks the waters of the Bacchiglione, showing itself in all its magnificence, perfectly faithful to Scamozzi's project.
The villa was built in 1597 for Niccolò Molin, Savio di Terraferma, ambassador of the Serenissima to the court of England, husband of the daughter of Doge Alvise Grimani.
The Venetian patricians competed with each other with the construction of the sumptuous residences, therefore, when Niccolò Molin, an important politician, decided to build a country villa to pay homage to his family he called the most prestigious architect of his time in Venice: Vincenzo Scamozzi, then proto of the Republic and author of the Procuratie Nuove in Piazza San Marco.
The skilled and expert hand of its designer, has drawn clear and elegant volumes and a planimetry of extraordinary geometric consistency, based on the square that determines both the shape of the villa and of the central hall.
The decision to involve Scamozzi and the representativeness of the results sought, which make the residence similar to the houses of the ancients, testify to the desire to rise to the highest level of the social scale and to merge solutions of villa architecture with other usual in the urban dimension.
The villa is a few km from the center of Padua and convenient to the ring road exits and motorway junctions. The villa offers a tailor-made service to accompany the organization of every det