The String Quartets meet the Italian Historic Houses
"The Dwellings of the Quartet"Combines the training needs of young string quartets with the enhancement of the heritage of historic homes.
In collaboration with theAssociazione Dimore Storiche Italiane a network of ancient residences has been created that host young musicians on the eve of an artistic commitment, in exchange for a concert the final. The Quartets are selected by the Artistic Director Simone Gramaglia, viola del Quartetto of Cremona.
The project creates a circular economy, in which the redundant space and the isolation of the old houses are transformed into a resource for young musical groups. The return of hospitality in music creates a value for the Dimora which comes back to life at no cost by returning to being a cultural center for the community, relaunching the primary role of patrons. Through the Dimore del Quartetto, new meeting opportunities are created in
unusual places, bringing unused spaces back to life and bringing a new audience to chamber music. The network also aims to be a logistical support to concert clubs in the use of young musical groups for a new sustainable culture.
31 Quartets e 119 Dwelling distributed in 15 Regions e 47 Italian provinces, adhere to the project. In a year, 80 concerts were organized.
The consolidation of relationships with partners and the acquisition of new collaborations makes the project more solid and ready for European development. Le Dimore del Quartetto is already a point of reference for young musicians.
The historic houses that are part of the Le Dimore del Quartetto network are distributed throughout the Italian territory (region, province, locality):
- Valle d'Aosta: Aosta: Gressoney St. Jean
- Piedmont: Alessandria: Malvicino, Novi Ligure, Spinetta Marengo, Piovera; Asti: Belveglio; Cuneo: Busca, Racconigi, Manta Novara: Boca; Turin: Andezeno, La Loggia, Piossasco, Collegno, Taravino
- Liguria: Genoa; Blackboard, Camogli
- Lombardy: Bergamo: Lurano; Como: Albavilla, Cremia, Parravicino d'Erba, Moltrasio, Tramezzina, Valsolda; Cremona: Casalbuttano; Cortetano; Lecco: Calolziocorte, Merate, Valmadrera; Lodi: Cornegliano Laudense; Milan; Varese: Caidate, Taino
- Veneto: Padua: Este; Luvigliano Venice; Vicenza: Castelgomberto; Thiene
- Friuli Venezia Giulia: Udine: Ruda
- Tuscany.: Arezzo: Cortona, Lucignano, Sargiano; Florence: Fiesole, Montespertoli, Pontassieve, Bivigliano; Livorno: Nugola; Pisa: Guardistallo; Ghizzano di Peccioli; Pistoia: Quarrata; Siena: Castellina in Chianti, Castelnuovo Berardenga, Monteroni d'Arbia, Pienza, San Gimignano, San Giovanni d'Asso, San Quirico d'Orcia, Trequanda; Lucca: Orbicciano
- Emilia Romagna: Bologna: Ozzano dell'Emilia; Castel San Pietro Terme; Piacenza; Reggio Emilia: Albinea; Forlì Cesena: Tredozio
- Latium: Rieti: Labro; Rome: Cerveteri, Gallicano; Viterbo: Proceno
- Umbria: Perugia: Castiglione del Lago, Gubbio, Spoleto, Tuoro; Assisi Terni: Montoro
- Walk: Fermo, Porto Sant'Elpidio
- Campania: Benevento: Campolattaro; Naples: Vico Equense; Salerno
- Apulia: Lecce: Casamassella, Casalabate
- Calabria: Catanzaro: Acconia di Curinga; Cosenza: Amantea; Reggio Calabria: Taurianova
- Sicily: Catania; Messina; Palermo; Syracuse: Noto
Participants in the project: Alauda Quartet, Adorno Quartet, Cesar Franck String Quartet,
Cuarteto nel Cuore, Quartetto Daidalos, Quartetto Echos, Quartetto Elsa, Entheos String
Quartet, Quartetto Epos, Quartetto Fauves, Quartetto Guadagnini, Quartetto Indaco,
Quartetto Lyskamm, Quartetto Maurice, Quartetto Mitja, Quartetto Noûs, Trio Quodlibet,
Sincronie Quartet, zArt Quartett, Behn Quartet, Eos Quartet
The selection of the European Quartets is under way.
• Create a series of video portraits that give voice to the project on television channels and social media, restoring topicality and value to the residences and testifying the commitment and quality of the musicians (in collaboration with Sky Arte and Sky Classica)
• Consolidate the network on the Italian territory through a more active collaboration with ADSI and with the Concert Clubs
• Start the development of a network of European residences, in collaboration with the European Historic Houses Association
• Select new European Quartets
• To develop a record label that vehicles Quartet CDs within the circuit as promotional material for homes and regions