String Quartets meet the Italian Historical Houses
"The Dwellings of the Quartet"Combines the training needs of young string quartets to enhance the heritage of historic homes.
In collaboration with Associazione Dimore Storiche Italiane a network of ancient residences has been created to host young musicians on the eve of an artistic commitment, in exchange for one concert the final. The Quartets are selected by the Artistic Director Simone Gramaglia, violet of the Quartetto of Cremona.
The project creates a circular economy, in which the redundancies of space and the isolation of the old dwellings are transformed into a resource for young musical formations. The return of hospitality in music creates a value for the Abode that comes to life at no cost returning to be a cultural center for the community, re-launching the primary role of patrons. Through the Dimore del Quartetto new opportunities for meeting are created in
unusual places, bringing back unused spaces and bringing a new audience closer to chamber music. The network also wants to be a logistic support to concert societies in the employment of young musical formations for a new sustainable culture.
31 Quartets e 119 Dwelling distributed in 15 Regions e 47 Italian provinces, adhere to the project. In a year, 80 concerts were organized.
The consolidation of relationships with partners and the acquisition of new collaborations makes the project more solid and ready for European development. The Dimore del Quartetto is already a point of reference for young musicians.
The historical residences that are part of the network of Le Dimore del Quartetto are distributed throughout the Italian territory (region, province, locality):
- Valle d'Aosta: Aosta: Gressoney St. Jean
- Piedmont: Alessandria: Malvicino, Novi Ligure, Spinetta Marengo, Piovera; Asti: Belveglio; Cuneo: Busca, Racconigi, Manta Novara: Boca; Turin: Andezeno, La Loggia, Piossasco, Collegno, Taravino
- Liguria: Genoa; Blackboard, Camogli
- Lombardy: Bergamo: Lurano; Como: Albavilla, Cremia, Parravicino d'Erba, Moltrasio, Tramezzina, Valsolda; Cremona: Casalbuttano; Cortetano; Lecco: Calolziocorte, Merate, Valmadrera; Lodi: Cornegliano Laudense; Milan; Varese: Caidate, Taino
- Veneto: Padua: Este; Luvigliano Venice; Vicenza: Castelgomberto; Thiene
- Friuli Venezia Giulia: Udine: Ruda
- Tuscany: Arezzo: Cortona, Lucignano, Sargiano; Florence: Fiesole, Montespertoli, Pontassieve, Bivigliano; Livorno: Nugola; Pisa: Guardistallo; Ghizzano of Peccioli; Pistoia: Quarrata; Siena: Castellina in Chianti, Castelnuovo Berardenga, Monteroni d'Arbia, Pienza, San Gimignano, San Giovanni d'Asso, San Quirico d'Orcia, Trequanda; Lucca: Orbicciano
- Emilia Romagna: Bologna: Ozzano dell'Emilia; Castel San Pietro Terme; Piacenza; Reggio Emilia: Albinea; Forlì Cesena: Tredozio
- Lazio: Rieti: Labro; Rome: Cerveteri, Gallicano; Viterbo: Proceno
- Umbria: Perugia: Castiglione del Lago, Gubbio, Spoleto, Tuoro; Assisi Terni: Montoro
- Marche: Fermo, Porto Sant'Elpidio
- Campania: Benevento: Campolattaro; Naples: Vico Equense; Salerno
- Puglia: Lecce: Casamassella, Casalabate
- Calabria: Catanzaro: Acconia di Curinga; Cosenza: Amantea; Reggio Calabria: Taurianova
- Sicily: Catania; Messina; Palermo; Syracuse: Noto
Participants in the project: Alauda Quartet, Adorno Quartet, Cesar Franck String Quartet,
Cuarteto nel Cuore, Quartetto Daidalos, Quartetto Echos, Quartetto Elsa, Entheos String
Quartet, Quartetto Epos, Quartetto Fauves, Quartetto Guadagnini, Quartetto Indaco,
Quartetto Lyskamm, Quartetto Maurice, Quartetto Mitja, Quartetto Noûs, Trio Quodlibet,
Sincronie Quartet, zArt Quartett, Behn Quartet, Eos Quartet
The selection of the European Quartets is under way.
2017 development plans
• Create a series of video portfolios that give voice to the project on TV and social media channels, restoring current and value to the Dwellings and witnessing the commitment and quality of the musicians (in collaboration with Sky Art and Sky Classics)
• Consolidate the network on the Italian territory through a more active collaboration with ADSI and the Concert Companies
• Start the development of a European Dimore network, in collaboration with the European Historic Houses Association
• Select new European Quartets
• Develop a record label that will channel the Quartet CDs as promotional material for homes and regions within the circuit