CASTELLO DENTICE DI FRASSO IN SAN VITO DEI NORMANNI
Castello Dentice di Frasso is situated in the centre of the town of San Vito dei Normanni, just 20 km from Brindisi, where the nearest port, airport and railway station are located. The square tower is at the heart of the Castle, and the rest of the complex, composed of about fifty rooms furnished with period furniture, is structured all around it. The Castle is privately owned by descendants of the Dentice di Frasso family, after whom it is named, and has the distinction of being the only castle in Puglia to still be inhabited by its owners.
THE HISTORY OF CASTELLO DENTICE DI FRASSO
The Castle was built around the year 1000: more specifically, the square tower was constructed in 1100 by Boemondo di Altavilla, while the other buildings were built between 1300 and 1700. On the ground floor of the tower, which is about 40 metres high, is the family chapel. This was the first place of worship destined for the local population and dates back to the 1400s. The heraldic coat of arms of the Dentice family, the historical and current owners, is carved on the entrance portal of the chapel. The inner courtyard is overlooked by a stone staircase that leads up to the residential floor, where the rooms all have exquisitely crafted ceilings, floors and fireplaces. The furnishings date from the 17th and 18th centuries.
FACILITIES AND SERVICES: WEDDINGS, PRIVATE EVENTS AND FILM SETS IN THE BRINDISI AREA
Castello Dentice di Frasso is available as a location for cinema and television sets, commercials, photo shoots, weddings, conferences, private and public events, exhibitions and conventions.
Private visits: € 10.00 per person by appointment
Event rentals: from € 1,000.00