Palazzo Massimo Lancellotti

Palazzo Massimo Lancellotti De Torres overlooks Piazza Navona, next to Palazzo Braschi, home to the Museum of Rome. The apartment is located on the top floor and has a unique view of the square from above. It consists of four salons and two terraces, both with an extraordinary view over the rooftops of Rome. The apartment is available for private events up to a maximum of 45 people seated.

Municipality:Roma
Region: Lazio

Contact the abode

The apartment on the fourth floor, as in many Roman historic palaces, has many features found on the main floor. Large halls, high painted coffered ceilings, frescoed walls, large doors, marbles and stuccos. The frescoes in the main hall of the apartment are attributed to Agostino Tassi. The palace, designed by architect Pirro Ligorio, was built by Luis De Torres in 1552, and in 1625 it passed by marriage to the Lancellotti family who have resided there ever since.

Luis De Torres came to Rome from Spain in the wake of Emperor Charles V of Habsburg and was appointed archbishop of Salerno. He lived in the palace as did his grandchildren. In 1625 his last grandchild, Claudia De Torres married Scipione Lancellotti.

The palace

Palazzo De Torres Lancellotti

Construction began in 1542 thanks to Luigi de Torres (1495-1553), of Spanish origin and archbishop of Salerno, who bought some pre-existing houses; the project was carried out by the architect Pirro Ligorio and the construction was completed in 1553.

A pre-existing building was called 'of the widow'; it is believed that it dated back to the 4th century AD and of being the home of the guardians of the Roman-era Odeon, a concert hall whose ruins are located under the palace, as well as of Emperor Domitian's stadium, which coincides with today's Piazza Navona.

The late Renaissance building has an irregular plan and is arranged around two courtyards. The two ashlar-decorated facades, facing Piazza Navona and Via della Cuccagna, have four floors of windows surmounted by a rich cornice decorated with lion heads, rosettes and towers, emblems of the De Torres family.

In 1632 Claudia De Torres, the last of the Roman branch, married Scipione Lancellotti and brought the building, which was called De Torres Lancellotti, as a dowry.

The Lancellotti family originates from Rinaldo di Durazzo prince of Capua, natural son of Ladislao di Durazzo king of Naples (1377-1414).

Other residence in the region

Offering the same facilities and services

Offering similar experiences

services

Eventi privati

Description of the apartment

The first thing that strikes visitors is the unforgettable view of Piazza Navona which can be enjoyed from the windows of the living room. Here, as in the other rooms and on the terraces, it is possible to prepare a welcoming lunch surrounded by an incredible panorama.

This is a private house, inhabited by the Massimo Lancellotti family. The apartment has four reception rooms: the entrance hall, the dining room, the main hall, which in turn leads to the living room with windows overlooking Piazza Navona.

There are two terraces, one on the floor and the main one located on the upper floor, which measures over 100m2.

The apartment is perfect for private and corporate events for up to forty guests. 14/16 people can sit at the dining room table. Tables can be set up in all rooms according to needs.

The upper terrace can accommodate up to 30 people.

Smoking exclusively on the terrace. No pets.

Experiences

Event salons:4
Numbers of seats for events:45