In the municipality of Montegiordano, in the province of Cosenza, the "Tenuta del Castello" farm dominates a spectacular natural setting, between the blue Ionian Sea and the colors of the fertile hills covered with pine trees and Mediterranean scrub.
In an area rich in ancient settlements, according to tradition also frequented by the philosopher Pythagoras in the Magna Greek era, stands the castle of Princes Pignone del Carretto, built in the 17th century on the ruins of the Monastery of St. Ananias, which was destroyed by the Saracens around 1150.
Inhabited until the late 1940s, the castle for a long time was the center of the district's agricultural activities, housing the farmers who went from the village to work the land with their families, and still dominates the estate and all the surrounding countryside.
The care of the vineyards, covering 12 hectares, is the main activity of the "Tenuta del Castello," which is developed around a large winery, equipped with all the most modern equipment, while respecting, however, a very old tradition. The result is selected, high quality wine.
The Estate winery, built in 1898, is located in the heart of the vineyards, just a few steps from the Castle. It is a large structure equipped with the best technological facilities for winemaking and bottling, where innovation embraces the most authentic tradition of the artisanal approach, for the creation of an authentic wine, the result of intense work and an expression of the territory from which it comes.