Palazzo Pipponzi - Pietragalla
Seat of noble families like the Orsini.
In 1633, on October 20th, the Baron of Bisceglie, Francesco Melazzi for 200 ducats bought the lands of Pietragalla and Casalaspro.
The Melazzi succeeded each other at the barony of Pietragalla for four generations.
The last Melazzi, Teodosio, has no direct heirs for which one of the daughters marrying Acquaviva D'Aragona starts this new family.
Currently it is owned by the Pipponzi heirs che hanno reso la mansion usable for the organization of private events, visits ed hospitality.
Theplant it is divided into two parts: the first which preserves the characters of the ancient castle built around the 1100, the other instead constitutes the expansion implemented during the second half of the '400 from architectsNeapolitans and that demonstrates a different imprint in the distribution and in the characters. The Palazzo it is thus enriched with large ones loggias.
Il Palazzo It is impressive due to its size and its complexity architettonica.
At the beginning of complex there are the remains of one church only one nave covered with trusses wood where internally are still evident the remains of a Altar.
Facing the church we find one courtyard with one in the center manhole of a cistern, on the left side one tower or an bell tower higher than the current measure. Along the facade main stands out a broad one portico above which there is one loggia which extends over almost the entire facade ofbuilding, supported for the rest by projections that increase the volume of the palazzo and they are large bring them, visibly restored other isolated loggias of considerable value contribute to make the Palazzo.
To note of the characteristic bring them ashlar of exquisite workmanship. A suggestive entrance portal of the East wing of the Palazzo connects the exterior with the village ancient.
Both father and son worked in the facade back and adjacent to the nucleus historical to highlight the presence of some windows that presumably recall the style of those of the Ducal Palace di Venice.
Inside they are kept Ph eighteenth-century and valuable paintings one of which depicts the rats of the sabines.
This palazzo keep a testimony historical noteworthy if you think that it is linked to the story of two days of battle of the citizens of Pietragaglia against the brigands.
A column of around 400 brigands invading the alleys of Pietragalla they forced part of the population to take refuge in the palazzo.
After hours of resistance, the brigands, seeing the numerous losses, could only retreat. The English Consul from tagliacozzo writing to his country he says: "After the faction of Pietragalla, the most important in Basilicata, the band Borjes he could no longer reorganize himself ".
The event is witnessed by one tombstone on the facade main Ducal Palace.
Available for hospitality, Organization private events e visits.