Villa Majnoni d'Intignano in Erba
La mansion It is located in a place of strong emotional impact and dominates a unique panorama over the whole Brianza within the Parco Valle del Lambro.
It is located in the hills above the lake of Alserio which enjoys an exclusive view over the Grigne, Resegone, Lake Pusiano of Hanno.
The dwelling has Property plots that extend up close to the lake of Alserio without any construction, inside the walls there are ancient trees of different types and worthy of note with heights that in some cases exceed the 30 mt.
Also inside the park there is a cave above which the regio Architect Achille Majnoni d'Intignano had a small temple laid.
The dwelling is composed of two distinct bodies one, entering on the right, which was the original body dating back to the '600, the other entering on the left wanted by Massimiliano Majnoni d'Intignano in the 800th century when he bought it, it is worth noting in the lower part of this body the stables still almost intact.
The history of Villa Majnoni d'Intignano
Dominates the land in which the historical battle di Tassera e Carcano in which in 1160 the. was put to flight Barbarossa. According to some historical documents where the villa now stands at the time there was a castle.
From 'archive area of Parravicini family It appears that in the 1351 Guglielmo Parravicini built the "Castel Nuovo" where once stood the castle and now stands the villa as testified by some gallery external to the current construction and much older workmanship.
In 1570 Giovanni M. Parravicini rebuilt a villa on the ruins of the castle which had been destroyed again. The villa was then inhabited by his descendants.
The villa and land were purchased in the 1840 from Massimiliano Majnoni d'Intignano that restructured it and had the park designed and planted.
The villa was hosted by the cousin Stefano Majnoni, son of Giuseppe Antonio, officer of the Napoleonic army who collected many Napoleonic memories now kept in the family archive.
The villa was inherited by Luigi Majnoni d'Intignano who became General of the Army Corps for war merits (2 war of independence), later named Senator of the Kingdom and Minister of War.
On his leave he was appointed Count of Vittorio Emanuele III for the services rendered to the Fatherland.
At his death in the 1918 the Cavalry Regiment dedicated a plaque to the villa of Castelnuovo.
Achille Majnoni d'Intignano (Milan 1855 - Erba 1935), brother of Luigi, was appointed Royal Architect by Umberto I of Savoy and will keep the position also with Vittorio Emanuele III.
In the 1918 the villa is inherited by Gerolamo Majnoni d'Intignano, officer of the General Staff, delegate of the Sovereign Order of Malta, councilor of the Museum of the Risorgimento and president of the Milan section of the Dante Alighieri Society.
In the 1962 the villa becomes Giuseppe Majnoni d'Intignano, Commander of Batteries on Horseback (Voloire) fought in Yugoslavia and Russia, earning two medals for Military Valor, then took part in the resistance as commander of the Puecher Battalion of Erba.
Giuseppe died in the 2001 and the villa