• IT | EN

Villa Pisani

History, emotions, relaxation
Site Search
Site Search
Advanced Search
No products found 0 results
Your search results
VILLA PISANI SCALABRIN IN VESCOVANA

Get in touch with the Historic House

Villa Pisani in Vescovana

The villa was built in the first half of the 500s on commission from Cardinal Francesco Pisani, Bishop of Padua, to make it the administrative seat of the land properties acquired by the family in 1478 in the Lower Padua area.

Following the shift in the family's economic and financial interests, the Venetian nobleman commissioned Andrea Palladio and the major architects and painters of the time to build and decorate numerous villas and palaces in the area, including the Palazzo di Montagnana and that of Monselice.

The history of Villa Pisani

Cunizza, Marchesa d'Este, Cardinal Francesco Pisani, Bishop of Padua, Countess Evelyn van Millingen Pisani are the absolute protagonists of the history of Villa Pisani di Vescovana: from an ancient medieval court with the first noble Countess of Ravensburg and Saxony, to a sumptuous Renaissance palace with the Pisani family of Santo Stefano, up to a wonderful oasis of nature, with the creation, around the palace, of an extraordinary eclectic garden and a romantic park in English style; refined nineteenth-century cosmopolitan cultural salon with Evelina Pisani, wife of the last Lord of Vescovana, Almorò III, which puts an end to the Pisan dynasty.
It was in the first half of the 500th century that Cardinal Francesco Pisani began the construction of Villa Pisani, on the ancient medieval Este fortress and, at the same time, commissioned Andrea Palladio to build the Pisani Palace in Montagnana and the Palazzetto Pisani in Monselice.

From this splendid residence, starting from 1478 until 1900, the Pisani family of Santo Stefano, who had bought thousands of fields from the Republic of Venice, ruled their enormous fiefdom on the mainland.

Naturally, as it was in the family tradition, the villa was sumptuously frescoed by Paolo Veronese, Gian Battista Zelotti and Dario Varotari.

Evelina, born in Constantinople to an English father of Flemish origin, lived for a long time in Turkey and England; in 1852, arriving in Venice, she conquered Count Pisani with the charm of her beauty and her vast culture.

She then divided her existence between Venice and Vescovana, where she gave life to the garden, which she called her Crispin de Passe because it was inspired by the Hortus Floridus of the 1600 Flemish engraver and botanist Crispin van de Passe, in which she added evocative and symbolic elements of the Islamic garden and around which he created a vast English Romantic park, rich in centuries-old plants and enriched by an extraordinary stone furniture, with statues, fountains and a delightful theater.

Royals such as the German Empress Frederika, the Swedish royals, poets such as Lord Byron, and writers such as Henry James stayed in his reign. A young writer also stayed there, Margaret Symonds who wrote her diary “Days spent on a Doge's Farm”.

Services: reception, events location and weddings on the Euganean Hills

Prices for events:

Weddings, corporate events, various events: quote on request

Hospitality:

Whole property per day: € 1.300, breakfast included

Entire property for weekends: € 1.800, breakfast included

Entire property per week: € 7.500, breakfast included

Single room per day: € 140, breakfast included

Single