• IT | EN

Villa Alliata Cardillo

History and charm of a Sicilian historic home
Site Search
Site Search
Advanced Search
No products found 0 results
Your search results

Get in touch with the Historic House

Villa Alliata Cardillo, Palermo

It was originally a seventeenth-century baglio that in the course of the eighteenth century was transformed into a residential villa at the behest of the new owner: the Marquis Domenico Cardillo.
The construction was completed by his son Agostino who at his death, in the 1815, left his son Antonio the finished and already surrounded by a large garden. Only half of the property passes to the Alliata in the 1870 when Emanuela Cardillo, daughter of Antonio, marries Pasquale Alliata di Villafranca, while the other half of the villa remains with her sister Adelaide Cardillo, married Cloos. After 126 years the current owner, Stefania Alliata Lodetti managed to reunite the old property respecting its original structure. Once the identity of the villa has been restored, the building renovation, coordinated by the architect. Rosario Busardò, took place in a philological key.

The villa is home to the Centro Piana dei Colli, which is therefore a rare example in Sicily of a happy marriage between art and entrepreneurship and as an experiment in private investment in the arts and cultural tourism sector. Today, this innovative space bases its cultural identity on the encounter between the multimediality of the exhibition layout and the historical-artistic resources of the exhibition container. The main floor, consisting of an enfilade of six halls that can accommodate a large number of people. The late Liberty style floral decorations and majolica flooring were created according to a philological restoration; in the remaining rooms to cover the floors, antique oak planks were chosen. The noble floor, embellished by elegant furnishings and eighteenth-century finishes, come to light thanks to recent restoration, still retains its strong historical identity.

The former stable now hosts the event hall, the main epicenter of the villa. The hall can host conferences and meetings. Its layout in the stalls and the conference table podium, together with the innovative audio-video technology systems, allow the realization of high quality and professional conference events. The neutrality of its spaces makes it functional and adaptable to different types of events and set-ups.

The two large terraces overlook the private park of the villa, paved with white and blue majolica according to the seventeenth century model, are crowned by a limestone balustrade. They offer a pleasant view of the surrounding landscape that characterizes the whole Piana dei Colli that goes from Monte Cuccio to Mondello.

The garden is the flagship of Villa Alliata Cardillo. Extended on over 2000 sqm of lawn
English, it offers enchanting corners: the two elegantly decorated majolica fountains help make it a romantic place by offering a view and a typical scent
Sicilian, since the historic dwelling has an oasis of citrus fruit around it. Its location devoid of elements contrasting with the landscape, make it an enchanting place for events and events. Moreover thanks to its wide extension it can accommodate
events up to 1000 participants.

The Chapel is dedicated to Our Lady of the Letter in honor of Letteria Cardillo. The ancient, reunited and welcoming chapel houses a wonderful 700 wooden altar.

The History of Villa Alliata Cardillo

It was originally a seventeenth-century baglio that in the course of the eighteenth century was transformed into a residential villa at the behest of the new owner: the Marquis Domenico Cardillo.
The construction was completed by his son Agostino who at his death, in the 1815, left his son Antonio the finished and already surrounded by a large garden. Only half of the property passes to the Alliata in the 1870 when Emanuela Cardillo, daughter of Antonio, marries Pasquale Alliata di Villafranca, while the other half of the villa remains with her sister Adelaide Cardillo, married Cloos. After 126 years the current owner, Stefania Alliata Lodetti managed to reunite the old property respecting its original structure. Once the identity of the villa has been restored, the building renovation, coordinated by the architect. Rosario Busardò, took place in a philological key.
The villa hosts the Piana dei Colli Art Center, which is therefore a rare example in Sicily of a happy marriage between art and entrepreneurship and as an experiment of private investment in the arts and cultural tourism sector. Today, this innovative space bases its cultural identity on the encounter between the multimediality of the exhibition layout and the historical-artistic resources of the exhibition container.

Services: events location and charming weddings in Palermo

multimedia:
The technological infrastructure of the villa allows a multiplicity of highly innovative uses of the spaces, thus representing an avant-garde example of the contemporary use of a historical space.
The villa is equipped with several professional audio-video cameras whose control is centralized in a latest generation control room that allows to acquire, manage and retransmit images in real time on the different screens present in theaters and streaming on the web.
A system of this kind offers countless possibilities of use in the field of conventions and e-learning but also in the electronic and multimedia arts. You can transmit images of a conference in real time on the web allowing you to intervene and participate even to speakers who are not physically present, you can manage multiple connections in videoconference, multiply the spaces using the screens placed on the main floor, organize training days using the interactive totems and you can transform the entire historical residence into a multimedia theater.
The entire structure is equipped with wi-fi system; the conference room can be transformed into a digital micro cinema as it is equipped with a full hd projector (6000 ANSI lumen) and a Dolby ™ sound system
Videowall composed of six plasma screens.
N ° 4 plasma monitor from 50 inch with independent audio connection or dolby.

Visits by appointment

Internet
Pets allowed
Park or garden
Disabled accessibility
Events Salons: 5
Places For Events: 800
Set In Outdoors: Si
Set In Interior: Si
Set In Garden: Si
Vehicles accessibility for Events: Si
Phone: 0916790853
Address: Via Pharaoh, 2
City:
Region:
Postal Code: 90146
Country: Italy
Phone: 0916790853

Get in touch with the Historic House

Compare Listings