• IT | EN

Palazzo Lanza

Site Search
Site Search
Advanced Search
No products found 0 results
Your search results

Palazzo Lanza

City:
Region:

Get in touch with the Historic House

Palazzo Lanza in Capua (XNUMXth-XNUMXth centuries)

Palazzo Lanza is from the 1453 dwelling of the Lanza family, patrician of Capua from the XV century; since the time it has been the subject of a right of greater importance which to date preserves its ownership by the sixteenth generation.

A notarial deed of those years, fromarchive present in the house, testifies that the family already lived in the house at the time: "... in parti domorum ... sitarum Capue, in the parish ecclesie Sancti Rufi in Capua, iuxta viam publicam ...".

The building is located in the heart of the historical center of Capua, a few steps from the ancient Grand Priory dell 'Order of Malta.

History

The family archive, including documents from various eras, preserves autograph letters written in the 1554 from Bona Sforza, queen of Poland, the Pompeo Lanza, his diplomat at Charles V and then Maria Tudor: in those years the family was welcomed among the family members and diners of the Habsburg emperor.

The oldest nucleus of the dwelling is testified by the bare columns present in the vaulted rooms facing the road. The construction of the baroque balconies of the facade supported by gargoyles, the foundation in 1731 of the private oratory in the house, granted shortly by Pope Benedict XIII: among others, it holds the relic of Sant 'Alfonso Maria de' Liguoro from the family hosted as a relative.

In the 1745 the baron Carlo Lanza erected the rearmost body of the house which with the terrace overlooks the courtyard, in 1807 on a project by the engineer Luigi Jannotta the facade was restored according to a sober neoclassical taste, preserving the baroque balconies while inside some rooms are decorated with tempera end of the eighteenth century.

The house retains the carpet on which the 20 Maggio 1815 the Treaty of Casalanza that ousted Gioacchino Murat returning the throne of Naples to Ferdinando di Borbone.

The palace was occupied by French soldiers in the 1799 and 1806 when it housed the General Berthier. ancient stables currently hosting a literary coffee it's a library while an area of ​​the attics is used for hospitality.

Services: hospitality in a historical house in Capua

It is possible to stay at the Palazzo in elegant and comfortable rooms.

Prices on request

Internet
Pets allowed
Bedrooms: 3
Beds: 6
Set In Outdoors: No
Set In Interior: No
Set In Garden: No
Vehicles accessibility for Events: No
Phone: 3398499975