Villa Barbarigo and Garden of Valsanzibio
Villa Barbarigo Pizzoni Ardemani, better known as the historic Garden of Valsanzibio, built between the 1665 and the 1696, is an extraordinary example of symbolic garden fully legible, of a large water garden in complete efficiency and today looks like one of the largest and most complete period gardens world.
An extraordinary villa overlooks the garden, which can be used for events and stays
Il Monumental complex of Valsanzibio was brought to its current splendor in the second half of the seventeenth century by the Venetian nobleman Zuane Francesco Barbarigo, who commissioned the project to the Pontifical architect and fountainman Luigi Bernini, brother of the famous Gian Lorenzo. In fact, the then Cardinal Gregorio Barbarigo, following a solemn vow made by his Father to Our Lord in 1631, wanted the garden of Valsanzibio to be monumental emblem of the way of perfection that leads man from the Error to Truth, from Ignorance to Revelation.
The baroque garden
This exceptional example of baroque garden it consists of more than 60 statues carved in Istrian stone and as many minor sculptures that integrate with architectures, streams, waterfalls, fountains, ponds, water jokes and fish ponds, among countless trees and shrubs, on more than 10 hectares of surface. Furthermore, within the complex, there are the box maze, the Cave of the Hermit, the Island of Rabbits and Monument to Time.
The Villa is available for stays, cinema / photographic sets and private events
The Monumental Garden for cinema / photographic sets and for the visits
Only the Monumental Garden can be visited
For info and visits to the monumental garden: Cel + 39 340 0825844; Tel + 39 049 9131065
For private events and photo shoots: Cel + 39 335 5634918
For stays in the Villa: Cel + 39 380 7041376 (Alessandro Cavazza de Altamer)
For more information: www.valsanzibiogiardino.it
UNESCO sites nearby